IEC Working Holiday Visa - Expired Profile Letter

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything.

Situation: I completed the Come to Canada eligibility tool about a week ago. Initially, it said "You are eligible for the following pool(s), which are now closed. You can't submit a profile to a closed pool." I tried again a few days later and it said "You are eligible for the following pool(s): Working Holiday" and provided the option to continue with that. I completed my application profile November 7, 2019 and got the Welcome to Pool Letter in my account. Today I got a message saying the pool is now closed, followed by a message saying my profile has expired. In the message, it says that a profile expires after a year, so I'm not sure what happened.

I also paid for and completed my police check the same day I applied, and got it cleared that day, as well. If I have to submit another profile application (or whatever it's called), will I have to apply for another police check and pay that fee again?

How will I know when the pool opens? And why did my application for an ITA get closed, if I applied when the pool was open? Any suggestions on what I need to do and what this means would be much-appreciated.

Information about me: I'm a UK citizen, 29, residing in Australia, and I have a job that will likely provide me a transfer to work in Canada. I'd like to move to Canada temporarily, at the moment, and once I've lived there for a while, decide if I want to apply for Permanent Residency.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The IEC 2019 program is no longer open as there are no more slots available.

Based on previous years the following years program tends to be announced end Nov through Dec/Jan and just have to keep checking the IEC page, in your case for the UK. IRCC have various social media pages which are a good source of info when things get announced, iEC twitter for example.

Think police certificates are generally accepted as good for 6 months , assume you have for UK and Australia if you been living in the latter.

Any entry into the 2019 pool will be scrubbed and a new profile will need to be created for 2020.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
The IEC 2019 program is no longer open as there are no more slots available.

Based on previous years the following years program tends to be announced end Nov through Dec/Jan and just have to keep checking the IEC page, in your case for the UK. IRCC have various social media pages which are a good source of info when things get announced, iEC twitter for example.

Think police certificates are generally accepted as good for 6 months , assume you have for UK and Australia if you been living in the latter.

Any entry into the 2019 pool will be scrubbed and a new profile will need to be created for 2020.
Thanks for your response. That doesn't answer why it was open yesterday for me, then closed today? Could it just be a glitch?

At this point, I assume all I can do is wait then.