+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC WORK PERMIT

aanwar11

Jul 29, 2017
Hi
I am facing a problem in IEC work permit. My IEC work permit expired on 22 July 2017 and i have applied for a new IEC work permit on 31st may 2017. I got a passport request from IRCC on July 7 2017 and I sent my passport to Visa application center new York. I got a visa of one yer and my application of work permit was approved but I have to exit the country and then RE ENTER. i got aproval of my new work permit on 27 july 2017. My passport is still with Visa application center and I am expecting it early in next week. Can you please tell me what to do?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You will need to flagpole at the nearest US / Canada border although I have never heard of an IEC working holiday application requiring a passport to be sent anywhere. Which country are you from ?

Did you extend your stay as a visitor because technically you could be considered in the country illegally after your IEC expired. July 22nd. For sure you should have stopped any work after July 22 until you have activated your new permit.

Last edited:

aanwar11

Jul 29, 2017
This is thing I am being screwed up. My employer by mistake marked me outside canada in one form. My work permit was IEC Young professional work permit. I am from India.

aanwar11

Jul 29, 2017
Yes my previous work permit is from university of alberta and my next work permit for which I recieved approval is also from university of alberta.
All i want to kinow is when I will go for flagpole and come back canada, can I GET MY NEW WORK PREMIT WITHOUT ANY ISSUE. As per law once my work permit is expired I have to leave country for exit and re enter but my passport is still with IRCC and i will recieve it monday or tuesday. i CANNOT LEAVE THE COuntry because my passport is not with me.

aanwar11

Jul 29, 2017
You will need to flagpole at the nearest US / Canada border although I have never heard of an IEC working holiday application requiring a passport to be sent anywhere. Which country are you from ?

Did you extend your stay as a visitor because technically you could be considered in the country illegally after your IEC expired. July 22nd. For sure you should have stopped any work after July 22 until you have activated your new permit.

ANS: I have applied for my work permit before my previous work permit got expired. I cannot move from the country because my passport is still not with me