+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC work permit outside canada application form

Aug 29, 2012
hi,

im filling out the work permit form and in the details of intended work section i have selected International Experience Canada - working holiday. when i try to validate the form it says i need to fill out the section saying who the name of my employer is and the address, alsowhat my occupation and duration will be.

I didnt think i needed to fill this out because i wont be finding work until im over there travelling

confused

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

inthemood4food said:
hi,

im filling out the work permit form and in the details of intended work section i have selected International Experience Canada - working holiday. when i try to validate the form it says i need to fill out the section saying who the name of my employer is and the address, alsowhat my occupation and duration will be.

I didnt think i needed to fill this out because i wont be finding work until im over there travelling

confused

thanks
DId you follow the instructions for an IEC work permit on the web site of the office where you will be applying?

Aug 29, 2012
im applying on the mycic website. they had the form to fill out on there. i have already recieved my conditional letter of acceptance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

inthemood4food said:
im applying on the mycic website. they had the form to fill out on there. i have already recieved my conditional letter of acceptance.
Ok read the following Operations Bulletin : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp check to see if you are citizen of a country that can use the my cic and the e-apps. If so then follow the instructions, it should work.

Feb 8, 2013
Hi,
I'm having trouble uploading my IMM1295 Application form to the CIC site. I get a message when I click upload saying that what I chose in the "Details of intended work in Canada" doesn't match what I chose in the questionnaire. Irish people have to choose Open Work Permit on the IMM form (I think) but the options in the CIC questionnaire are, "Working Holiday, International Co-op and Youth Program".

Any help would be really appreciated.

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
I completed the 1295E form last night. I didnt fill in that section. It's not applicable from my view because we are applying for a WHV.
I wrote why I didnt include the information on the 'letter of explaination'

To PMM: It's the correct form given that there was an option on the online form to choose IEC (Working Holiday Visa)

nransom21

Feb 8, 2013
hey I am applying from UK and I was wondering how you go about getting the IEC conditional acceptance letter??

Thanks
:)

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
I'm from Australia, so I think the U.K is either the same or similar. I noticed that there are no instructions on the UK IEC website.

But anyway, here's what I did for my Conditional Acceptance Letter.

1. Fill out a 2 page application form. Passport info, address, etc
2. Photo-copy the main page of your passport. You may or may not have to get it witnessed. E.g. Postal Office
3. Retrieve criminal record document
4. Retrieve traffic history document
5. Get a bank draft or money order from your bank for the processing fee. Approx $150
6. Post it to the UK IEC office
7. They send you Acceptance Letter from 2 to 8 weeks.