+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Work permit - no job offer no what to do next

SaritahK

Feb 14, 2018
Hi all,

I'm an Aussie that's have been in Canada since July 2016 (visa expires July 2018) I have just applied for a new visa and after being a candidate in the pool I have thankfully been invited to apply.

I am currently working full time for a company who have said they want to keep me on and don’t want to lose me (hence the extension), there is no contract in place as yet but all has been verbally promised on both sides of staying employed there. I am up to the part in my visa where it asks for an employment number. I have been googling like crazy to try work this out and came across the below...........

Why do I need an offer of employment number if I’m applying for a Working Holiday work permit?
When you filled out your International Experience Canada (IEC) profile, you said that you have a job offer in Canada. That’s why you’re being asked in the form for an offer of employment number and other details about your employer in Canada.

To complete this part of the application, follow these steps:

• Type “A9999999” in the offer of employment number field.
  • Select “No” to the question “Has your employer paid the Employer Compliance fee?”
  • Type “Non-applicable – Working Holiday” into the employer address fields.

So i do this but the only thing is i cant input the "not applicable" in the address fields because being an address area it requires number and letters.... anyone know how to move forward with this? I've come across a lot of people asking this but with no answers as to how to go about it.

The other question i had too is that it asks for my work end date but this is indefinite. Any idea on what to do for this also?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks very much in advance!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your mistake was saying that you had a job offer in Canada. You should have said 'no' to the job offer question.

I'm afraid I can't help with the rest or tell you what you should do now. Hopefully someone else will assist.

I know I've seen this same problem somewhere on the forum before.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Hi all,

I'm an Aussie that's have been in Canada since July 2016 (visa expires July 2018) I have just applied for a new visa and after being a candidate in the pool I have thankfully been invited to apply.

I am currently working full time for a company who have said they want to keep me on and don’t want to lose me (hence the extension), there is no contract in place as yet but all has been verbally promised on both sides of staying employed there. I am up to the part in my visa where it asks for an employment number. I have been googling like crazy to try work this out and came across the below...........

Why do I need an offer of employment number if I’m applying for a Working Holiday work permit?
When you filled out your International Experience Canada (IEC) profile, you said that you have a job offer in Canada. That’s why you’re being asked in the form for an offer of employment number and other details about your employer in Canada.

To complete this part of the application, follow these steps:

• Type “A9999999” in the offer of employment number field.
  • Select “No” to the question “Has your employer paid the Employer Compliance fee?”
  • Type “Non-applicable – Working Holiday” into the employer address fields.

So i do this but the only thing is i cant input the "not applicable" in the address fields because being an address area it requires number and letters.... anyone know how to move forward with this? I've come across a lot of people asking this but with no answers as to how to go about it.

The other question i had too is that it asks for my work end date but this is indefinite. Any idea on what to do for this also?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks very much in advance!!
For the fields that insist on things, just put something like 999, and not-applicable. For work end date, the last date of your permit.

How did you get a second invitation as an Australian citizen? If you've been there since July 2016, the latest you could have applied was July 2015, which means your current participation is the only one you're allowed, assuming your current work permit is also IEC.