+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC to LMO

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, I have searched and searched the internet and cant figure out exactly what I need to do in my situation, any help would be greatly appreciated...

I am on my second year of the IEC from england (expires august 5th of this year) and work as a cook in a restaurant in alberta. my employer has applied for an lmo and from what I understand it has been granted and just needs to be finalised? I don't know if that means it needs to be sent back with my info, I need to ask them about it. nothing on the internet explains this at all.

anyway the main thing is, if I get an lmo sorted soon, do I still need to apply for a work permit? I cant see any permit that would I need to get? its very confusing. or do I just re enter Canada with LMO and get a permit on the spot?

I need to figure it all out so I can stay another couple years here as I love my job.

THANKS

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yepyep said:
hello, I have searched and searched the internet and cant figure out exactly what I need to do in my situation, any help would be greatly appreciated...

I am on my second year of the IEC from england (expires august 5th of this year) and work as a cook in a restaurant in alberta. my employer has applied for an lmo and from what I understand it has been granted and just needs to be finalised? I don't know if that means it needs to be sent back with my info, I need to ask them about it. nothing on the internet explains this at all.

anyway the main thing is, if I get an lmo sorted soon, do I still need to apply for a work permit? I cant see any permit that would I need to get? its very confusing. or do I just re enter Canada with LMO and get a permit on the spot?

I need to figure it all out so I can stay another couple years here as I love my job.

THANKS
1. If you get an approved LMO, then you apply for a new work permit to either Vegreville or at a Border Immigration office by "flagpoling" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend.asp

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheers, that's what iv read, but I mean, that means I don't have to physically file any documents/send anything off to a visa office and go through a waiting period, its literally arrive at border/POE with LMO and 'apply' in person? and get it that day?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yepyep said:
cheers, that's what iv read, but I mean, that means I don't have to physically file any documents/send anything off to a visa office and go through a waiting period, its literally arrive at border/POE with LMO and 'apply' in person? and get it that day?
Yes.