+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

iec residency requirement change for UK! can i apply while waiting on outland pr

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
msmith1789 said:
Yes! it will be a case of fastest finger first! :D

We were about 25 minutes off missing the last lot. We had them all filled in and we went back to submit and the button had disappeared. ???

Once the forms are validated and saved, you hit submit, you should then get a WTN number and continue on paying the fee and uploading and submitting other forms through MyCIC account and then it's just another waiting game once all finished.
Yeah. I think I'm just going to apply aswell and hope it gets approved.

I'm all rrady to send everything. Even have my resume ready to send through my messages. I just wish they'd get back to me about my eligibility. Could save me $100.

Although I think they refund it if you're not eligible right?

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Gary_87 said:
Yeah. I think I'm just going to apply aswell and hope it gets approved.

I'm all rrady to send everything. Even have my resume ready to send through my messages. I just wish they'd get back to me about my eligibility. Could save me $100.

Although I think they refund it if you're not eligible right?
Hi Gary, any news on your email response to IEC yet?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
msmith1789 said:
Nope! Sent them 2 emails and I never heard back. It's such a pain. Theyre normally pretty good at responding, but not in this case. I don't really know what to do as I really dont think I'm eligible. I applied in 2010 but for the 2011 program... hmm. But theyve removed that now from the FAQ so not really sure.

Did you email them too?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
msmith1789 said:
I never heard anything back from the IEC but from BUNAC. They said as I applied in 2010, and entered Canada in 2011 that I am in fact eligible to apply.

So I applied this morning when the 2nd round went on sale and I am pending approval.

Looks like you should be eligible to apply as well msmith if your partner came here in 2010. :)

Here's hoping. This would make life so much easier!!

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Hey Gary,

How are you getting on with you app for IEC? - We received our Proof of payment letter back, waiting for the conditional acceptance letter. I suppose this is where we find out if we can get another visa after already having 2.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Yep. Me too. Waiting to hear back an acceptance or rejection. Expecting the latter but who knows!

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Hey Gary,

How are you doing with your IEC app? - my GF is still waiting for her conditional acceptance letter. We got proof of payment verified on Tuesday 26th Feb.

How you doing?

LittleMermaid

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
My IEC working holiday expired as of yesterday, I was hoping to apply for the 2013 IEC earlier but the first round went up without my knowledge, and the second round we missed out due to the website continually crashing on us which was beyond infuriating.

However, I did manage to get a Kompass account and I have all the info completed, I just need the submit button to appear on the next round so I can get ahead! I haven't seen a spot to upload my CV/resume to yet though? I hope that appears because otherwise I have no idea where I'm supposed to upload that to.

We applied for inland sponsorship Nov 23rd 2012 and we got AOR/it began to be in process as of Jan 17th. We also sent along with it an OWP.

Now my working holiday is expired, am I illegally in Canada, or am I OK to be here just not permitted to work? I'm not working, but now I've got paranoid that I'm here illegally but my husband is positive I have implied status now so therefore can stay just as long as I'm not working?

I wish I'd got in with the first round of IEC applications so I wasn't worrying about this, and that it was as easy/opened so early like the applications for the 2012 IEC did.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
LittleMermaid said:
My IEC working holiday expired as of yesterday, I was hoping to apply for the 2013 IEC earlier but the first round went up without my knowledge, and the second round we missed out due to the website continually crashing on us which was beyond infuriating.

However, I did manage to get a Kompass account and I have all the info completed, I just need the submit button to appear on the next round so I can get ahead! I haven't seen a spot to upload my CV/resume to yet though? I hope that appears because otherwise I have no idea where I'm supposed to upload that to.

We applied for inland sponsorship Nov 23rd 2012 and we got AOR/it began to be in process as of Jan 17th. We also sent along with it an OWP.

Now my working holiday is expired, am I illegally in Canada, or am I OK to be here just not permitted to work? I'm not working, but now I've got paranoid that I'm here illegally but my husband is positive I have implied status now so therefore can stay just as long as I'm not working?

I wish I'd got in with the first round of IEC applications so I wasn't worrying about this, and that it was as easy/opened so early like the applications for the 2012 IEC did.
You need to apply for a visitor permit. But as your visa has expired you need to now reinstate your status. Yojuhave 90 days I believe. You don't get implied until after stage 1.

Perhaps start a thread and get more senior help.

msmith1789 said:
Hey Gary,

How are you doing with your IEC app? - my GF is still waiting for her conditional acceptance letter. We got proof of payment verified on Tuesday 26th Feb.

How you doing?
I'm doijng good. Just waiting for approval before continuing! Could be another couple of weeks.

LittleMermaid

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
Thank you Gary_87. Sorry to hijack your thread, it's just so similar to my situation.

I'm admittedly a bit confused as I'm finding different answers to my question with your response and my own thread on which a member said I do actually have implied status. We're giving CIC a ring.

Best of luck with your effort!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
LittleMermaid said:
Thank you Gary_87. Sorry to hijack your thread, it's just so similar to my situation.

I'm admittedly a bit confused as I'm finding different answers to my question with your response and my own thread on which a member said I do actually have implied status. We're giving CIC a ring.

Best of luck with your effort!
Yeah. Were all in different but also similar situations. I think submitting the work permit makes you legal though.

Iec is a pain this year!

All the best. I think yr ok.

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Hi Gary,

How are you getting on with your IEC application?

My girlfriend is currently waiting for LOI. - all CIC documents were submitted last weekend (8th March). - I have read about one girl who applied on the first stage and she got her visa yesterday, 3 weeks all in all. :D - Fingers crossed!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
msmith1789 said:
Hi Gary,

How are you getting on with your IEC application?

My girlfriend is currently waiting for LOI. - all CIC documents were submitted last weekend (8th March). - I have read about one girl who applied on the first stage and she got her visa yesterday, 3 weeks all in all. :D - Fingers crossed!
Hey! I'm just waiting to upload the police certificates when I get my british one through and then sending them. Got the stage 1 approval a couple days ago.

Hope it goes well!

Question, did you upload every page of your passport? Or just the ones with canadian stamps? Still haven't scanned the passport either.

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Gary_87 said:
Hey! I'm just waiting to upload the police certificates when I get my british one through and then sending them. Got the stage 1 approval a couple days ago.

Hope it goes well!

Question, did you upload every page of your passport? Or just the ones with canadian stamps? Still haven't scanned the passport either.
Yes, we uploaded all the stamped pages of her passport including green card from states and also her current Working holiday visa that expires in May. - better to be safe than sorry. - We scanned them in and saved a one pdf document. It cannot be larger than 4mb when finished, you may have to reduce the quality to around 50%, depending on how many pages you have.

We were quite lucky in that we paid the extra five quid to get an additional police certificate when we sent off her PR application.

I've been following the British Expats forum and appears some guys from the 25th have got theirs already, so hoping we should hear for my Girlfriends in the next two weeks.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
msmith1789 said:
Yes, we uploaded all the stamped pages of her passport including green card from states and also her current Working holiday visa that expires in May. - better to be safe than sorry. - We scanned them in and saved a one pdf document. It cannot be larger than 4mb when finished, you may have to reduce the quality to around 50%, depending on how many pages you have.

We were quite lucky in that we paid the extra five quid to get an additional police certificate when we sent off her PR application.

I've been following the British Expats forum and appears some guys from the 25th have got theirs already, so hoping we should hear for my Girlfriends in the next two weeks.
Yeah I've been following the guys in the iec facebook groups and they're all getting theirs within 2 weeks. Hoping my police cert comes today and I can just submit it. Being eligible is great but I'm nervous about what immigration will decide. Haha. Dunno why I just am! Cic unnerves me!