+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Police Checks - 90~ day processing for Japanese certificate?

Cthonical

Feb 11, 2019
Hi! I'm currently waiting for an ITA but am preparing my documents now to make things quicker once I can apply. I've applied for my Australian Federal Police Check and should receive it in two weeks. However, I lived in Japan for a year 2015/2016 and thus I believe I will need a Japanese Criminal History Check. I cannot apply for it without a letter of explanation from CIC once I get an ITA, though, and following that it will then take 2-3 months to be processed. I understand documents can be provided after the 20 day deadline if an explanation/receipts are provided, but 2-3 months seems like it could be too long. Will I find it impossible to meet the document deadlines? I'm very anxious about this.

I also need to travel a long distance interstate to get both biometrics and an approved medical. Would it be acceptable to provide an explanation that I will get the medical at the same time as my biometrics (i.e. after I have submitted my application+fees and received the biometrics letter)?

I really don't want to screw this up!