+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC interfering Permanent Residence application?

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hey everyone,

I am from Germany and about to apply for the "Young Professional" program of the IEC. since there are apparently some spots left.
I am currently residing IN Canada and found out that I could apply from within Canada as well which I am going to do.
But here is my problem:

I have also applied for Permanent Residence which is still in process (I applied from within Canada), which pretty much restricted me to stay in Canada and not leave. But if I would apply for the "Young Professional" program and it gets approved I would need to go to the nearest border and leave the country.
How does that work?

Thanks for your help.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
You cannot apply within Canada for a work permit under IEC. You can apply online but select the visa office for your country of citizenship. If you apply within Canada it would be refused.

Yes, you would have to go to the border to get the work permit, if you applied for a spousal sponsorship , you overstayed and don't have a legal staus in Canada, if you are refused re-entry, your application for PR will be lost.

Regards

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Thank you susana,

that means there is no way I could apply for the IEC program while I am in Canada?
Is there another way to apply for a work permit without the risk of getting refused at the border with a work permit (PR application lost)? Maybe an online way?

Thanks for your help.

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Is there a way to apply for the "young professional" program while I am in Canada. I could get the approval send to my Canadian address and would go to the nearest border.
With my PR application in progress, would I risk a refusal at the border even though I had a 1 year work permit??

susana

Nov 4, 2008
If you get your IEC work permit approved, your chances of getting refused entry are slim. Apply for it as I told you, select the visa office from country of citizenship to apply for the work permit after you get the acceptance to the program.

Regards,

Susana