+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC: How many times can I decline an ITA?

Jan 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

I just received an ITA for my IEC application. The problem is I want to travel to Canada with my girlfriend. I am from Germany and she is from Taiwan.

It is very hard to get an ITA as a Taiwanese citizen, as a German it is quite easy. Since she didn't get any ITA yet I was thinking of declining my ITA. I know that I will be in the pool again. But even if I receive another invitation she probably still won't have one.

Now I am wondering how many times I could potentially decline my ITA's if I am invited over and over again and she hasn't been invited yet?

Thanks already for the answers,
Josh

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Wondering if anybody has the answer to the question - how many times can we decline the ITA?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
For the IEC/WHV program do not think makes any difference how many times someone pushes back an ITA given for IEC/WHV it is only when the POE letter has been issued that it counts as a participation. Until that point an application is not complete and just subject to passing through a number of checkpoint dates, failing to meet any one of which can just lead to IRCC withdrawing an application. In fact an IEC applicant can withdraw without impact at anytime until the POE letter has been issued. An IEC applicant would then be free to create a new profile and enter the candidate pool again.

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Ok so essentially three is no cap on it then. What does IEC/WHV stand for?