+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Health Insurance

mbe1510

Dec 18, 2015
Hi guys,

I've left my organising my health insurance until the last minute as I forgot, but I'm due to arrive in Quebec on Tuesday so the requirements for health insurance include medical expenses, hospital cover and reparation. I also am aware that you can join the Quebec health care from day 1 if you're visa is for more than 6 months. The CIC says I need health insurance for the entire of my stay or they may only issue it for the length of my medical cover.

What is everyone's advice? Do I get health insurance for the full length I want to stay despite it being pointless bar reparation or should I just get it for the first 6 months say? Also does anyone recommend any good health insurance companies that aren't too expensive? Thanks again :)

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you must get it for the entire duration of your stay, it is a condition of the visa and if you don't get it, or you cancel it, you're in breach of the conditions you agreed to.

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
You have to show the proof of health coverage for the whole period of staying though you can cancel your insurance and receive the refund for the number of unused days once you receive the proof of Provincial coverage.
One of the most affordable plans is Destination Canada one. You can find it here

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi guys,

I've left my organising my health insurance until the last minute as I forgot, but I'm due to arrive in Quebec on Tuesday so the requirements for health insurance include medical expenses, hospital cover and reparation. I also am aware that you can join the Quebec health care from day 1 if you're visa is for more than 6 months. The CIC says I need health insurance for the entire of my stay or they may only issue it for the length of my medical cover.

What is everyone's advice? Do I get health insurance for the full length I want to stay despite it being pointless bar reparation or should I just get it for the first 6 months say? Also does anyone recommend any good health insurance companies that aren't too expensive? Thanks again :)
And god forbid something happens and you need to be repatriated to your home country, who do you think is going to foot the bill if you do not have this type of insurance ?