+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC fee refund. Experiences needed.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
As above, got my IEC application refused on stage 1 because they weren't convinced the job offer was linked to my degree (young professionals category). Have sent them a message for a refund, no answer up to now, 1 month has already passed.

Any experience on this?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

beholder69 said:
As above, got my IEC application refused on stage 1 because they weren't convinced the job offer was linked to my degree (young professionals category). Have sent them a message for a refund, no answer up to now, 1 month has already passed.

Any experience on this?
You probably won't get a refund. It is a processing fee, your application was processed, although you got a refusal.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

You probably won't get a refund. It is a processing fee, your application was processed, although you got a refusal.
Hi, thanks for your answer but according to their refund policy as seen on the following link, it should be refunded:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/czech-tcheque/experience_canada_experience/fees-frais.aspx

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
beholder69 said:
Hi, thanks for your answer but according to their refund policy as seen on the following link, it should be refunded:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/czech-tcheque/experience_canada_experience/fees-frais.aspx
I guess it depends on what their rationale was for refusing it based on "they weren't convinced the job offer was linked to my degree". If they 'felt' it was a misrepresentation, then your fee is forfeit based on the link you posted. The other option would be for you to contact the authority you sent the application to and find out if/when you should be expecting a refund.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Alurra71 said:
I guess it depends on what their rationale was for refusing it based on "they weren't convinced the job offer was linked to my degree". If they 'felt' it was a misrepresentation, then your fee is forfeit based on the link you posted. The other option would be for you to contact the authority you sent the application to and find out if/when you should be expecting a refund.
Hi Alurra,

I have already contacted them twice, still no answer. Along with the application and job offer, they request an explanation letter to show how the job is linked to either your degree or work experience. I had a very detailed letter showing the link to both actually. This couldn't be considered misinterpretation in any way, in fact both me and my employer were shocked to see that they refused it, as it was going to be a huge step up to my resume and that's actually what this category was supposed to be for but I know there is no appeal or reconsideration, so just focusing on the refund part now

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
beholder69 said:
Hi Alurra,

I have already contacted them twice, still no answer. Along with the application and job offer, they request an explanation letter to show how the job is linked to either your degree or work experience. I had a very detailed letter showing the link to both actually. This couldn't be considered misinterpretation in any way, in fact both me and my employer were shocked to see that they refused it, as it was going to be a huge step up to my resume and that's actually what this category was supposed to be for but I know there is no appeal or reconsideration, so just focusing on the refund part now
I would verify with them, if possible, that they actually received the letter that you sent them after they asked. It sounds as if they thought it didn't sound like a match but you gave them a letter to show how/where it does actually apply. Unless that letter didn't reach it's intended destination?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Alurra71 said:
I would verify with them, if possible, that they actually received the letter that you sent them after they asked. It sounds as if they thought it didn't sound like a match but you gave them a letter to show how/where it does actually apply. Unless that letter didn't reach it's intended destination?
Hi, this letter is actually part of the process, I had to upload it along with all the other documents first in order to submit the application. Unfortunately there is no other means of contacting then apart from sending them a message from the kompass account. I'll have to wait and see I guess. ::)

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Just a thumbs up that they did send me the refund today. Took them a bit more than 3 months and no answer to my messages but at least I got it! ;D ;D