+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC expiring in Jan 2016 but received ITA for FSWP - what are my options?

louis112

Dec 9, 2013
Hi,

I'm currently obtaining my documents to send off to CIC, after receiving my ITA a few weeks ago, but my IEC (Working Holiday Visa) is close to expiring. If i send off and receive an AOR before my visa expires can I apply for a BOWP? And does that allow me to continue working whilst it is being processed? Or am I best returning home and waiting for PR (as I have my job to return back to once/if approved)?

Any advice/ help would be appreciated; and thanks in advance.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If everything is ready then submit your documents. Wait for your AOR, and then apply for your BOWP after receiving your first AOR.

Good luck! :)

louis112

Dec 9, 2013
Thanks. And once the BOWP is submitted do you become/ remain eligible to work (even though it's IEC)?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
louis112 said:
Thanks. And once the BOWP is submitted do you become/ remain eligible to work (even though it's IEC)?
Nope. There's no implied status with IEC, thus you must stop working once your IEC WP expires.

louis112

Dec 9, 2013
Ok thanks - that's basically what I needed to know (the IEC seems to be a weird beast) At least I can go home, and see family etc. in the interim. Cheers.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
louis112 said:
Ok thanks - that's basically what I needed to know (the IEC seems to be a weird beast) At least I can go home, and see family etc. in the interim. Cheers.
Or you can change your status to visitor and wait for you BOWP to be approved.

louis112

Dec 9, 2013
Yeah but I think that could take longer than the PR. I know some friends (who are using lawyers) who are on implied status with IEC but they're going through the CEC route but they're is this grey area for sure. Anyway: going home and living rent free and, maybe, travelling Europe for a bit is now seeming quite appealing.