+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Applications

yamyams

Jul 1, 2020
I am a citizen of South Korea and I'm aiming to get permanent residence in Canada. My first goal is to get a Working Holiday Visa (IEC). I do not have a degree, but I did have a Working Holiday Visa in Australia for almost a year(but now I'm back).

I applied for the visa very recently, but due to the virus Canada has stopped giving invitations out. There are still 1464 spots left, with 14308 applicants (updated on March 13, 2020), which leaves me with a very low chance of receiving an invite.

Sorry, but I have a lot of questions.

Is it possible to register again? If so, when is the best time to apply again?

What is the estimated time that invitations will start to be sent out again?

Are there other options that I could take to get into Canada?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
As you know, IEC is currently on hold. Nobody here knows when they will resume the program, or when the "best time to apply" will be. It's not exactly the government's top priority at the moment.

For your other options, you can read through the website yourself.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a citizen of South Korea and I'm aiming to get permanent residence in Canada. My first goal is to get a Working Holiday Visa (IEC). I do not have a degree, but I did have a Working Holiday Visa in Australia for almost a year(but now I'm back).

I applied for the visa very recently, but due to the virus Canada has stopped giving invitations out. There are still 1464 spots left, with 14308 applicants (updated on March 13, 2020), which leaves me with a very low chance of receiving an invite.

No - it's not possible to register a second time. As said above, IEC visas are on hold right now. We do not know when invitations will begin to be sent again. My guess is that it's going to be a few more months before things restart.

Other options for coming to Canada include coming on a study permit to complete additional studies in Canada as a full time student. This is an expensive option since you'll need to pay international student tuition. Technically another option would be to secure a job offer from an employer in Canada and also an approved LMIA so that you can come to Canada on a close work permit. However it's next to impossible to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Just to add... If you don't have a degree, then your best bet is likely to come to Canada under a study permit to complete a bachelor degree. Without at least a bachelor degree, you will most likely really struggle to qualify for Canadian PR even if you come here on an IEC and get Canadian work experience. Recommend that you either get a degree from your home country or do this from Canada if you want a decent shot at PR.