File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your situation is no different - you still don't benefit from implied status.

We had two individuals on this forum who were in the same situation as you and things went very wrong for them. (had IECs, thought they benefited from implied status and continued working for the same employer). One received an approved PR visa and was then denied landing and was not allowed to become a PR due to the illegal work (i.e. because there is no implied status for IECs). Unfortunately that individual never came back to the forum to tell us if they managed to fix this situation or not.

As for the second person, they have a PR application in progress and CIC contacted them several months ago to let them know they were working illegally and there was no implied status for IECs. Their file has now been sent for "additional reviews" due to the illegal work. This has already added many months to their overall processing time. Unknown at this time what the end result will be.

Anyway, obviously your call.

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
scylla said:
Your situation is no different - you still don't benefit from implied status.

We had two individuals on this forum who were in the same situation as you and things went very wrong for them. (had IECs, thought they benefited from implied status and continued working for the same employer). One received an approved PR visa and was then denied landing and was not allowed to become a PR due to the illegal work (i.e. because there is no implied status for IECs). Unfortunately that individual never came back to the forum to tell us if they managed to fix this situation or not.

As for the second person, they have a PR application in progress and CIC contacted them several months ago to let them know they were working illegally and there was no implied status for IECs. Their file has now been sent for "additional reviews" due to the illegal work. This has already added many months to their overall processing time. Unknown at this time what the end result will be.

Anyway, obviously your call.
I really appreciate all the help I get from this forum.

But I can't help wondering under what circumstance "unless extending a work permit not initially issued for the time limit authorized by the program" would be valid? if all IEC participants who go through LMO/CEC/Family class sponsorship do not benefit from implied status. Who will? If there is no such scenario, why would CIC bother to put that "Unless" part?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
An IEC might be issued up to the expiry of a passport, which might be less months that the limit for an IEC normally.
So, you apply for the remaining months, and while that is being processed, you are on "implied status".

or, maybe, your country allows two year IEC programs, but you have only used the first year, so you apply to claim the second year... In this case "implied status" would bridge between the two permitted IEC periods.

Just a guess...

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
angeland said:
I really appreciate all the help I get from this forum.

But I can't help wondering under what circumstance "unless extending a work permit not initially issued for the time limit authorized by the program" would be valid? if all IEC participants who go through LMO/CEC/Family class sponsorship do not benefit from implied status. Who will? If there is no such scenario, why would CIC bother to put that "Unless" part?
Some countries can get IEC visas for two years, such as Australia, though typically they are issued one year at a time.