+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Advice

Resiliance96

Mar 10, 2019
I'm worried I applied too late! The pools opened in early December and I just submitted my application yesterday March 12th. Do I still have any chances of being invited?

If I don't get the opportunity to participate this year, should I submit a new application next year or will I have more of a chance of being picked if I just keep my application open from this year?

I'm so worried!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm worried I applied too late! The pools opened in early December and I just submitted my application yesterday March 12th. Do I still have any chances of being invited?

If I don't get the opportunity to participate this year, should I submit a new application next year or will I have more of a chance of being picked if I just keep my application open from this year?

I'm so worried!
Hard to answer questions without knowing which country you are from.

If you aren't selected this year, you will need to submit a new profile next year.

Resiliance96

Mar 10, 2019
Hard to answer questions without knowing which country you are from.

If you aren't selected this year, you will need to submit a new profile next year.
I'm from the UK!

Oh okay, so will my profile just be removed from their system and then I create a new one when the next pool opens next year?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm from the UK!

Oh okay, so will my profile just be removed from their system and then I create a new one when the next pool opens next year?
The UK program is always oversubscribed (i.e. far more applicants than spots available). The chances of being selected this year are extremely low.

Your profile will be automatically dropped at the end of this year. You will need to create a new profile when the pool opens next year.

Resiliance96

Mar 10, 2019
The UK program is always oversubscribed (i.e. far more applicants than spots available). The chances of being selected this year are extremely low.

Your profile will be automatically dropped at the end of this year. You will need to create a new profile when the pool opens next year.
Ohh... Okay, thanks for the info.

Would I have any shot of obtaining a working permit, I'm a qualified childcare practitioner and worked as a babysitter, ideally I'd want to work in the childcare sector, do you know how to go about obtaining one? Is it possible? Or may you be able to link me to the correct area

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ohh... Okay, thanks for the info.

Would I have any shot of obtaining a working permit, I'm a qualified childcare practitioner and worked as a babysitter, ideally I'd want to work in the childcare sector, do you know how to go about obtaining one? Is it possible? Or may you be able to link me to the correct area

Thank you!
To qualify for a closed work permit, you would need to find an employer who is willing to offer you a job in Canada and that employer would also need to obtain an approved LMIA.

So the first step is to find an employer who will give you a job offer. You won't find jobs or employer on this forum. You'll need to go to job web sites for that.

Reactions: Resiliance96

Resiliance96

Mar 10, 2019
To qualify for a closed work permit, you would need to find an employer who is willing to offer you a job in Canada and that employer would also need to obtain an approved LMIA.

So the first step is to find an employer who will give you a job offer. You won't find jobs or employer on this forum. You'll need to go to job web sites for that.
So I would first need to find a job, then have the offer from them (with LIMA) and apply for a permit!

Okay, I think I pretty much understand! Thank you so much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So I would first need to find a job, then have the offer from them (with LIMA) and apply for a permit!

Okay, I think I pretty much understand! Thank you so much!
Yes - that's how it would work. Note that the LMIA process typically takes 4-6 months for the employer to complete. To be approved, the employer must prove they advertised the job and were unable to find a Canadian for the role.

Reactions: Resiliance96

Resiliance96

Mar 10, 2019
Yes - that's how it would work. Note that the LMIA process typically takes 4-6 months for the employer to complete. To be approved, the employer must prove they advertised the job and were unable to find a Canadian for the role.
Alright thank you so much, I guess my best shot is to find either daycare or nanny since that's what I'm qualified for! Hopefully, I'll be able to find something!

Thank you!