+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Zehraak said:
Any idea when the portal will open for registering?
Program vary differ from country to country. Last years program start was mid October.
Keep checking the IEC website of your country for updated information.
They usually announce the start of the new IEC program a few days/weeks in advance.

isabel_ruizz

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-13
IELTS Request
Yes
Hi iam_toby,

Yeah, they gave you the WHV again, same they did to me, I did find out when they gave it to me and I asked right away,they said I can change my job if I want to and there is nothing on their file. I have seen the right YP visa, specify your employer and says you cant change employers.

Same happens to my boyfriend he just change jobs, we are applying for PR under CEC, I hope we are Ok!!!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
isabel_ruizz said:
Hi iam_toby,

Yeah, they gave you the WHV again, same they did to me, I did find out when they gave it to me and I asked right away,they said I can change my job if I want to and there is nothing on their file. I have seen the right YP visa, specify your employer and says you cant change employers.

Same happens to my boyfriend he just change jobs, we are applying for PR under CEC, I hope we are Ok!!!!
Yes, my initial plan was to apply for PR under CEC, too. That's why I never changed jobs,
because I didn't want to get into trouble with mr PR application.
I mean, I initially applied under YP category, and that's supposed to be a closed work permit.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
A new OB has been released by CIC for IEC 2014 applications. For
applicants it is recommended reading through the document:

>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490A.asp

rodolfo.k

Nov 3, 2013
Hey Toby. Saw that you're German. I'm Brazilian, but I have German citizenship, so I'm living here in Germany, and I'm intending to do the IEC.

Can I apply as German, even living here just since September? Is it very competitive in Germany?

Thank you!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
rodolfo.k said:
Hey Toby. Saw that you're German. I'm Brazilian, but I have German citizenship, so I'm living here in Germany, and I'm intending to do the IEC.

Can I apply as German, even living here just since September? Is it very competitive in Germany?

Thank you!
Yes, you can and no it's not. :)

Zehraak

Sep 30, 2013
any idea when Kompass will open??
is it different timings for different countries?
im a german living in UK...
getting quite stressed and anxious now :'(

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Zehraak said:
any idea when Kompass will open??
is it different timings for different countries?
im a german living in UK...
getting quite stressed and anxious now :'(
Different countries, different quotas, different application procedures and different program opening times.
As a German citizen you will have to wait for the German IEC program to open.
As of http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/germany-allemagne/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx the
German program will not be opened until mid/end November.
Keep checking the website for updates.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
IEC opening dates have been announced for various countries. Check the IEC website of your country for
further information.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
IEC opening dates have been announced for various countries. Check the IEC website of your country for
further information.
Is this program available for India too?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
skm12345 said:
Is this program available for India too?
No. Here's a list of countries participating in the IEC initiative:

>> http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx

Zehraak

Sep 30, 2013
Hi

Need some info...

Im German...i know that currently the internship and the young professionals categories are only open right now...and there was a message that the working holiday will open in 2014..

however....the kompas thing is open....and im just signing in to my kompass and.while filling out the initial forms in the category section is states

"The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with GERMANY - Working holiday is closed. The quota for 2014 is full and we are not accepting new applications."

does that mean there is no working holiday quota for 2014? or is that an error!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Zehraak said:
Hi

Need some info...

Im German...i know that currently the internship and the young professionals categories are only open right now...and there was a message that the working holiday will open in 2014..

however....the kompas thing is open....and im just signing in to my kompass and.while filling out the initial forms in the category section is states

"The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with GERMANY - Working holiday is closed. The quota for 2014 is full and we are not accepting new applications."

does that mean there is no working holiday quota for 2014? or is that an error!

The website says:

The International Co-op (Internship) and the Young Professionals categories will open on Wednesday, December 11th, 2013, at 17:00 Berlin time (11:00 Ottawa time).
Maybe at the time you tried it was not yet 500pm Berlin time? And if you tried to apply for WHP 2014, then yes, you'll get
this message as the program is not yet open. Wait until the program for WHP visa opens and then try again.