+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ideas, suggestions, advice

lisa921

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Toronto or ottawa
I am looking for a good plan who to live with my fiancé in Canada or abroad while waiting for immigration to Canada.
Fiance is from Pakistan and I am Canadian. We met online and fell in love from day one...sort of a quick romance but that's just how it happened (no point to lie).
Anyways, Im open to living in his country where he can find a job easily but he thinks his country will be difficult for me. 1. I don't speak Punjabi. 2. I am not acquainted with the customs and hardworking lifestyle of the villages.
We want to get married as soon as possible as we are both Muslims and do not date or have premarital relations.
I want to settle in Canada, but if Canada is not a possibility for him then any other English speaking country where I can adjust easily. He is bilingual of course.
I cannot sponsor him until 2017 (April) due to the fact I sponsored my ex-husband a short while before and the marriage dissolved due to stress/incompatibility.
My biggest idea is finding an employment agency that works on providing international exchanges, or an exchange program, so he can find a job that way and get help with a visa. He is under 30 so he can easily qualify for these programs.
Second Idea, to travel to Pakistan and marry there then apply for a visa on the grounds that we are married and I need him to go back to visit my family for a wedding celebration.
I don't know which is the most viable solution and practical. please chime in your two cents if you have suggestions.
Thanks
god bless

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately Pakistan is not a country that qualifies under the working holiday visa (IEC) program. So going on an exchange program isn't an option.

If he can otain a full time job offer in Canada and his employer is able to obtain an approved LMIA (approval to hire him) - then he can apply for a work permit which would allow him to live and work in Canada for a few years while he waits for the sponsorship process to begin. It's generally advisable to stay away from agencies since so many of them are scams and to try to secure employment in Canada from an employer directly. Be aware that the process an employer must go through in order to hire a foreign worker is long, difficult an expensive (it will take months and cost the employer $1,000 without guarantee of success). So it does tend to be difficult to find employers willing to participate. Having said that, your fiance should certainly try - he may very well get lucky and find someone.

Once you are married, it will likely be quite difficult for him to secure a visitor visa to Canada since CIC will likely suspect he has plans to remain here long term because he is married to a Canadian. If he wants to try applying for a visitor visa, he would likely be better off doing this before you get married. He will need to prove that he has strong ties to his home country and no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Another option could be a study permit if he is able to pay the international student fees which are quite high. Once again, to be approved he will need to prove that he has strong ties to his home country and no plans on remaining in Canada long term. He will also have to prove that he has the funds required to pay for both his tuition and living expenses - and that the studies he has chosen in Canada make sense in light of his previous studies and work experience.

If you want to live together in the short term and he cannot obtain a visa for Canada - your main option would be to move to Pakistan to marry and live with him there until April 2017. Since you are a Canadian citizen, you can apply to sponsor him as your spouse while living outside of Canada (but will obviously have to wait until April 2017 to submit the application).

lisa921

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Toronto or ottawa
hey thanks for your detailed reply!
Yes I thought that he should apply for a a trv before marriage too..but he had someone in Pakistan advise him that this process was 'too diffcult' with a 30% chance of success. I don't know if that true or if the agent who said that was under informed. Perhaps someone on here can confirm.
He has a job and an apartment in Dubai to go back to if he visits me.
But the problem with him visiting is that if we do marry he will still have to leave and go back to Dubai where he works until april 2017 unless he is lucky enough to find a job while he is here but that's no guarantee and its hard considering the economy in Canada (I have been trying to find a new job for a while and being losing hours at work for months).
I am thinking the most practical as well as safest in terms of stability, would be to travel and live in Pakistan for a year and a half until I can apply to sponsor him...
Just worried that life will happen in that time and things will get too settled in to move away and start over in Canada but I guess this is just one of the inevitable risks you take in life for love.
Anyways, Thanks for your answer. I will try to help him apply for jobs and look into the processes you told me
Lisa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately no one here can tell you what the % chance is that a visitor visa will be approved if he applies now. What we can tell you is that % will most likely go down once he is married to you.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
lisa921 said:
Yes I thought that he should apply for a a trv before marriage too..but he had someone in Pakistan advise him that this process was 'too diffcult' with a 30% chance of success. I don't know if that true or if the agent who said that was under informed. Perhaps someone on here can confirm.
He has a job and an apartment in Dubai to go back to if he visits me.
Getting a TRV for a Pakistani citizen is difficult, but a 30% chance of success is not bad. I think he should try before getting married, stressing his ties to either Dubai or Pakistan.
Could you not go live with him in Dubai while waiting to be able to sponsor?

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
lisa921 said:
I am looking for a good plan who to live with my fiancé in Canada or abroad while waiting for immigration to Canada.
Fiance is from Pakistan and I am Canadian. We met online and fell in love from day one...sort of a quick romance but that's just how it happened (no point to lie).
Anyways, Im open to living in his country where he can find a job easily but he thinks his country will be difficult for me. 1. I don't speak Punjabi. 2. I am not acquainted with the customs and hardworking lifestyle of the villages.
We want to get married as soon as possible as we are both Muslims and do not date or have premarital relations.
I want to settle in Canada, but if Canada is not a possibility for him then any other English speaking country where I can adjust easily. He is bilingual of course.
I cannot sponsor him until 2017 (April) due to the fact I sponsored my ex-husband a short while before and the marriage dissolved due to stress/incompatibility.
My biggest idea is finding an employment agency that works on providing international exchanges, or an exchange program, so he can find a job that way and get help with a visa. He is under 30 so he can easily qualify for these programs.
Second Idea, to travel to Pakistan and marry there then apply for a visa on the grounds that we are married and I need him to go back to visit my family for a wedding celebration.
I don't know which is the most viable solution and practical. please chime in your two cents if you have suggestions.
Thanks
god bless
My advice is that you need to look for employer that can employ him so as to get working visa and stay in Canada until you are able to file PR for him, God bless.

lisa921

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Toronto or ottawa
mercyofgod: how difficult is it to find an employer to employ a foreign worker? Should I check recruitment agencies ?

lisa921

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Toronto or ottawa
Canadian women: I suggested that idea but he thinks he can't afford to support a family in Dubai due to high cost of residences there...he currently lives with roommates.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
lisa921 said:
mercyofgod: how difficult is it to find an employer to employ a foreign worker? Should I check recruitment agencies ?
Assume it will be very difficult since the process is long and expensive and many employers don't want to go through it. You should stay away from recruitment agencies - too many of them are scams. Your husband should apply to jobs directly through reputable web sites such as the Canadian Job Bank, monster.ca, workopolis, etc.