+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ideal time to apply for January 2021 Intake

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Hi, guys! I've been admitted to the MSc International Business program at HEC Montreal, Quebec for January 2021 intake. I've paid my first-year tuition fee and GIC and I'm yet to have my medicals done. Just wanted to know what you guys think is the best/ideal time to apply for my study permit (January 2021 intake). Would I have to go through the same two-step visa process (get an AIP first) as fall students?

Last edited:

sekhon171

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Hey! I am also done with one year fee and GIC and also done with the medical. I haven’t applied for study permit yet as I’m waiting till they’re done with the Fall intake students. I don’t want to hurry as the people applied in March haven’t got any AIP but those who applied in July-August already got AIP and some even got final decisions.

I’ll wait till I see some movement. Also, they hardly mention anything about Jan intake students. Every update is basically for the Fall intake.

I have so much hope for the oxford vaccine. It maybe possible that we too got to do our 1 sem online but things will surely get better till April.

Reactions: Nottanyaverma

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hi, guys! I've been admitted to the MSc International Business program at HEC Montreal, Quebec for January 2021 intake. I've paid my first-year tuition fee and GIC and I'm yet to have my medicals done. Just wanted to know what you guys think is the best/ideal time to apply for my study permit (January 2021 intake). Would I have to go through the same two-step visa process (get an AIP first) as fall students?
Please, go ahead and apply for your study visa. I applied for Winter intake last month and got my AIP first week of this month. I hope this helps.

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Please, go ahead and apply for your study visa. I applied for Winter intake last month and got my AIP first week of this month. I hope this helps.
That's good news, However didn't they announced the temporary 2-stage processing is only for students until September.

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Hey! I am also done with one year fee and GIC and also done with the medical. I haven’t applied for study permit yet as I’m waiting till they’re done with the Fall intake students. I don’t want to hurry as the people applied in March haven’t got any AIP but those who applied in July-August already got AIP and some even got final decisions.

I’ll wait till I see some movement. Also, they hardly mention anything about Jan intake students. Every update is basically for the Fall intake.

I have so much hope for the oxford vaccine. It maybe possible that we too got to do our 1 sem online but things will surely get better till April.
My consultant asked me to wait till September 15th. I'd die if they hold off classes for jan intake students too

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Don’t worry!
just 1 semester wouldn’t be any trouble and I’m so positive that everything will be fine after April 2021.
Hello guys,
If you have all the needed credentials to apply, please do go ahead.The only thing that can happen is that the office location attending to your application may wait till all the September applications are attended to first.There is no negative implication at all for applying now.I t was no where stated that ONLY Fall applicants can apply now, despite the fact that emphasis are usually laid on Fall applicants during corresponence.Apart from my humble self, I have interacted with others on this platform who have apllied and also gotten their AIP for Winter 2021 term.So, please, let's consider giving this question of whether it's early or not a closure and turn in the application, if anyone has not done that already.

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Hello guys,
If you have all the needed credentials to apply, please do go ahead.The only thing that can happen is that the office location attending to your application may wait till all the September applications are attended to first.There is no negative implication at all for applying now.I t was no where stated that ONLY Fall applicants can apply now, despite the fact that emphasis are usually laid on Fall applicants during corresponence.Apart from my humble self, I have interacted with others on this platform who have apllied and also gotten their AIP for Winter 2021 term.So, please, let's consider giving this question of whether it's early or not a closure and turn in the application, if anyone has not done that already.
Winter applications are also getting their AIPs??? Does that mean winter term will be online too?

Kumar_here

Sep 6, 2020
Hey Can you help me about the process for applying to lambton college ?