+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ID proof for applying passport

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
hi, i am trying to apply for Canadian passport and my current DL is expired so i just want to know if i can still use my old country's passport along with health card as an ID ? Thanks !!!

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Hi, it does include all the required info on the biographical page my only concern is i am not a citizen of that country anymore...will it matter ?

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
passport is still valid and i recently moved to a different province so renewing isn't an option and even if i apply for the new DL passport office is not going to accept temporary license

JPBless

May 14, 2018
hi, i am trying to apply for Canadian passport and my current DL is expired so i just want to know if i can still use my old country's passport along with health card as an ID ? Thanks !!!
I used Ontario [PHOTO] Health Card alone to apply for passport recently. Reason is the Ontario Photo Health contains all the required information. Everything went well and I have since received the passport. If you are in Ontario... you should be fine with your citizenship certificate and [Photo] Health Card.