+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ID documents required by minors

jacquilim

Apr 17, 2012
Hello,
My family and I are hoping to put our citizenship application in soon. I was just wondering what documents I was able to put in for my minor child. On the CIC website it says to include the passport pages and then it says 2 pieces of ID 1 of which must be a photo ID. We also can't use the PR card as ID. My question is - can I include another copy of the passport as the photo ID? My son does not have a driver's licence and he has no other photo ID other than the passport and his PR card. The CIC website is unclear on this. It doesn't say I can't use his passport twice but under school-aged children it doesn't list passport as an example and yet it lists it as an example for nonschool aged children. I rang up CIC but the guy just read off the website and since he is not an actual agent who makes decisions, he does not know if I can use the passport twice. I am just wondering what other people have used for school aged children as ID documents. Have people used the passport twice and was it accepted?

Matut

Feb 28, 2018
I used copy of child's passport, copy of child's PR card, and copy of birth certificate. It worked fine.