+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit (GSS) India Timelines

wpkc

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
2 year 8 months.
For now i have given relieving, experience and appointment letters along with pay stubs and form 16 to the attorney..they said they will review and let me know if any other doc is required.
They already took roles and responsibilities for the canadian job role.
But that's good to know what you did and it worked, as obtaining it from the current employer wouldn't be a challenge.
Let's see what the attorney says after the review.
It would be hard to get from previous employers and will unnecessary delay the process.
I got to know that for ICT - Specialized knowledge category, it is very important to prove that employee has good knowledge and experience on company's in-house tools which are not available in market. This knowledge cannot be possessed by any person in Canada as the tools are company's own proprietary tools. Hence, this makes this particular work permit LMIA exempt as applicant's employment in Canada will not be impacting anybody's job.
if employee is working with the company for less than 2.5 to 3 years, it is hard to convince the IRCC that employee holds this kind of knowledge. Due to this, letter of reference will play key role as it mentions the roles and responsibilities of employee.
Also, company's revenue graph, employee strength, global reputation, employee's total experience, designation are taken into consideration.

As @Harminder Singh2 also said, If you are working in service based IT giants, then revenue, employee strength and reputation part will not be an issue. Also, as they send many employees to several countries including Canada at onsite client locations every year, they are well familiar with the legal processes and IRCC is also very much confident about their applications.
But if you are working with mid sized product based company of if you have switched more than 2-3 employers, IRCC may ask for more documents and through the documents, company needs prove that employee is ideal for the respecitve position in Canada.

Hence please draft your roles and responsibilites carefully

Reactions: soul_seeker

soul_seeker

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
I got to know that for ICT - Specialized knowledge category, it is very important to prove that employee has good knowledge and experience on company's in-house tools which are not available in market. This knowledge cannot be possessed by any person in Canada as the tools are company's own proprietary tools. Hence, this makes this particular work permit LMIA exempt as applicant's employment in Canada will not be impacting anybody's job.
if employee is working with the company for less than 2.5 to 3 years, it is hard to convince the IRCC that employee holds this kind of knowledge. Due to this, letter of reference will play key role as it mentions the roles and responsibilities of employee.
Also, company's revenue graph, employee strength, global reputation, employee's total experience, designation are taken into consideration.

As @Harminder Singh2 also said, If you are working in service based IT giants, then revenue, employee strength and reputation part will not be an issue. Also, as they send many employees to several countries including Canada at onsite client locations every year, they are well familiar with the legal processes and IRCC is also very much confident about their applications.
But if you are working with mid sized product based company of if you have switched more than 2-3 employers, IRCC may ask for more documents and through the documents, company needs prove that employee is ideal for the respecitve position in Canada.

Hence please draft your roles and responsibilites carefully
Thanks for your elaborated reply. This helped me understand the process better and the importance of the reference letters. Hence, today I tried my best and reached out to respective point of contacts for previous and current employer. All requests are moving and will get these documents soon. Now that the weekend has come, this will go over next week, but i am hopeful i'll get atleast one early next week. My attorney has still not asked for these reference letters and said she will review the docs i already provided and will let me know if any thing else is required. Lets see how it turns out.

Waza1990

Sep 25, 2021
Hi..congratulations. I was following your threads !! Really helpful info ..can you please share your timeline?wish you all the best

Last edited:

RinuM

Oct 1, 2021
Hi
I have a job offer with offer of employment number and BC PNP nomination support letter.
Above makes me LMIA exempted.
I have applied for open work permit option that comes when you choose GSS + Active public policy assuming GsS is an active public policy.
Is it the correct option to choose open work permit in this case. Has anyone applied for an open work permit under GSS + LMIA Exempted. Should I withdraw my application and choose a closed work permit

garretb88

Sep 24, 2021
My Timelines

Upfront Medical July 5th
Application Submission July 9th
Biometrics Request Jul 15th
Biometrics Sept 1st
PPR Oct 1st
Any idea when was review started for your application?? I got email from consultant that review has started for my application

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Any idea when was review started for your application?? I got email from consultant that review has started for my application
It was all handled by Lawyers, did not get any update in between, Just waited patiently; all in all usual processing seems to be 4W + Few Days after Biometrics

Reactions: garretb88