+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit from US - Query

Mar 7, 2022
Hi All,

My Work Permit (ICT Non-GSS) was applied from US on 10th January 2022 (Biometrics submitted earlier for PR application). And I haven't got any updates regarding my application. Agent said only eligibility pending rest all passed. I cannot stay in the US after 28th March 2022 because of my US Visa.

I am confused if I should convert my f-1 visa to B2 visa, take admission in day1 CPT university or enter Canada as a tourist since I have a valid visitor visa and my family is there.

What consequences would I face if I enter Canada on Tourist visa and submit passport for stamping in their VO? Has anybody faced a similar situation? Open to any better suggestions.

Thanks!

Mar 7, 2022
Hi Hemant1507,

I did. It took close to 8 weeks to get the visa approved and about 3 weeks extra to get the passport stamped. I got my stamped passport back on 26th march 2022 and literally flew the next day. I entered on a work permit.

Happy to answer any questions,

Thanks!

Hemanth1507

Jul 15, 2022
Hi Hemant1507,

I did. It took close to 8 weeks to get the visa approved and about 3 weeks extra to get the passport stamped. I got my stamped passport back on 26th march 2022 and literally flew the next day. I entered on a work permit.

Happy to answer any questions,

Thanks!
Hi DataScienceEnthusiast,

Got it, so 8 weeks from the date of biometrics ? Also did you submit your passport to LA or NYC VCS for stamping ?

Is there any way we can expedite this process ?

My timeline :-
Application submitted :- April 22nd
Biometrics :- May 12th
Last date in US :- September 10th

Thank you
Hemanth Peddi

Mar 7, 2022
I sent it to NY VAC , I have heard LA is a lot faster. 8 weeks was in March 2022, you can check recent timelines and see what the current processing time is.

I don't think there is a way to expedite the application once it has been filed. I think you will be fine. Don't worry!

Hemanth1507

Jul 15, 2022
I sent it to NY VAC , I have heard LA is a lot faster. 8 weeks was in March 2022, you can check recent timelines and see what the current processing time is.

I don't think there is a way to expedite the application once it has been filed. I think you will be fine. Don't worry!
Hi ,

Thank you so much for the response. The current processing time was 10 weeks until last week and now it shows 11 so I don't know which one to consider.

Also where did you give your biometrics ?
Mine was in Santa Rosa ASC.
Does the biometrics location matter ?

Thank you
Hemanth Peddi

Mar 7, 2022
It will be 11 weeks I am assuming. Because that's the current processing time. You never know, sometimes you might get lucky and it gets approved earlier. I gave my biometrics in Charlotte for a different application earlier which saved sometime. I don't think the biometrics location has anything to do with visa processing time.