+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work permit application submitted at NYC consulate on 20th Feb 2015

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
Hi,

Does anyone has submitted the online work permit application at New York consulate in the month of Feb'15 and get the response from CIC yet? I have submitted my online application on 20th Feb'15 at NYC consulate but still didn't get any response, their FB page has updated that they are processing the work permit application recieved on 24th Feb through VAC.
Does they have different processing timeline for online and paper applications? Any response on what dates applications were currently processing is highly appreciated.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Vbhat22 said:
Hi,

Does anyone has submitted the online work permit application at New York consulate in the month of Feb'15 and get the response from CIC yet? I have submitted my online application on 20th Feb'15 at NYC consulate but still didn't get any response, their FB page has updated that they are processing the work permit application recieved on 24th Feb through VAC.
Does they have different processing timeline for online and paper applications? Any response on what dates applications were currently processing is highly appreciated.
No offense but you really a should check the other topics before starting a new one. Your question has already been asked and answered

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
No offense but you really a should check the other topics before starting a new one. Your question has already been asked and answered
I did checked the previous topics and found that few got the passport submission request for paper application submitted on 18th Feb, but didnt see any for online application submission status. So thought of asking in the forum, as I'm new to forum and didn't realize I could ask my question in the previous topic.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Vbhat22 said:
I did checked the previous topics and found that few got the passport submission request for paper application submitted on 18th Feb, but didnt see any for online application submission status. So thought of asking in the forum, as I'm new to forum and didn't realize I could ask my question in the previous topic.
Fair enough. Processing times vary depending on each individual application. Your result shouldn't be far off. Type of application (paper or online) hardly makes a significant difference in processing times.

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
Re: ICT Work permit application submitted at NYC consulate in Feb 2015 updates?

Vbhat22 said:
Hi,

Does anyone has submitted the online work permit application at New York consulate in the month of Feb'15 and get the response from CIC yet for passport submission? I have submitted my online application on 20th Feb'15 at NYC consulate but still didn't get any response, their FB page has updated that they are processing the work permit application received on 10th March through VAC.

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
Hi
Vbhat22 said:
Hi,

Hi, I think we are in the same boat. I applied mine last Feb. 25,2015, work permit application thru mail and did not get any updates or messages from the Consulate. I tracked it and still says received by the consulate office and under consideration. I don't know why they updates their facebook page like that. They didn't even updates or process ours since we are from the month of February. It's so unfair for us. Hope they will do something better in our applications. Should we wait for next few days or call or email them about our concerns or is it too early to make a move? Please update me here if there is an improvement of your application, and I will do the same too. Thank you!

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
grafe said:
Hi Hi, I think we are in the same boat. I applied mine last Feb. 25,2015, work permit application thru mail and did not get any updates or messages from the Consulate. I tracked it and still says received by the consulate office and under consideration. I don't know why they updates their facebook page like that. They didn't even updates or process ours since we are from the month of February. It's so unfair for us. Hope they will do something better in our applications. Should we wait for next few days or call or email them about our concerns or is it too early to make a move? Please update me here if there is an improvement of your application, and I will do the same too. Thank you!
Hoping we should get the passport submission request this week, as per facebook update they are processing 10th March applications so our application should be decisioned soon. consulate doesn't entertain any calls/ emails unless they exceeded the average processing time of 3 months, neither they update if they started reviewing our applications. Will update once I hear back from consulate.
Thanks

edgyman22

May 5, 2015
Just so you know your not alone. I submitted Feb.18th online to NYC consulate and am still waiting for Passport request. I did speak with a human 2 weeks ago because they wanted more info for my police background check but have not heard anything since. Hoping to get something any day now.

-Chris

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
edgyman22 said:
Just so you know your not alone. I submitted Feb.18th online to NYC consulate and am still waiting for Passport request. I did speak with a human 2 weeks ago because they wanted more info for my police background check but have not heard anything since. Hoping to get something any day now.

-Chris
Thanks Chris for the update, which number did you called the NYC consulate? Also did you applied for police clearance from FBI?

edgyman22

May 5, 2015
I did not call them. They called me on my cell phone. I gave them my FBI paper but they wanted some additional information and have since sent it to them.

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
edgyman22 said:
I did not call them. They called me on my cell phone. I gave them my FBI paper but they wanted some additional information and have since sent it to them.
How long did it took you to get the FBI report? Also did you see any status update online or it still shows the Open status?

edgyman22

May 5, 2015
I gave the FBI report when I submitted. It only took 3 days to get ahead of time. I am still just sitting in Open status also. I don't even know if they actually got my documents because they did not confirm. I sure hope they did. UPS did confirm dropping off the package.

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
Just got an email from CIC "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information."

But when I logged into MyCIC, I didn't see any message or change in the application status, do you have an idea or you also got the similar message?