+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT - Two or more Degree or Diploma

Anand.Vyas

Nov 23, 2016
Hi Friends,

I have created profile in express entry but for two things I am confused after this new changed by CIC.

1. I am on ICT (Inter Company Transfer) Visa where I was in Canada during 2014 and mid of 2015. Then left Canada and again I came in Mid 2016 by same employer on same ICT visa. Will I be eligible for 50 points as LMIA Exempt ?
2. I have done Diploma after 12th Science in India and than done B.Tech in Computer Science. Can I select two or more degree because WES has evaluated "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) and Bachelor Degree (four years)?

If someone can help in this, it will be great help for me.

Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Did you continuously worked for that employer for a year on a full-time basis? If so yes, you are eligible IMO. However, make sure you'll be able to work for that employer for a full year AFTER obtaining your PR.

2 - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp Look for the list in the "two or more certificates" section. IMO you can't select "two or more certificates" as you obtained that diploma before your bachelors. (I.e - the approved diplomas are post-bachelors or post-graduates)

Cheers ;)

Anand.Vyas

Nov 23, 2016
Thanks for replying.

For Que:2 - I have done "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)" which will fall under "two-year degree, diploma" and second one "Bachelor's degree (four years)" will fall under "Bachelor Degree" than should I select two or more degree or diploma option.

also can you please check this link and advice, this will increase my 31 points.

www cic gc ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/eca_table_en.pdf

Thanks

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two or more degree option is no longer available under study and language when you create express entry profile, so need to get confused. Just state your all education and select degree which you have. If you are eligible CRS will automatically assign you point for two or more degree

Anand.Vyas

Nov 23, 2016
You are absolutely right.
Not for me but in spouse section I have mentioned two bachelor degrees because my wife has done two bachelor and WES has evaluated as well.
But still her points are not increasing from 8 to 9.

Also if you can have a look in my mentioned site, can you please suggest am I eligible for two or more degree?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anand.Vyas said:
You are absolutely right.
Not for me but in spouse section I have mentioned two bachelor degrees because my wife has done two bachelor and WES has evaluated as well.
But still her points are not increasing from 8 to 9.

Also if you can have a look in my mentioned site, can you please suggest am I eligible for two or more degree?

Thanks
That's probably because of the system, she has two bachelors so this is a clear cut case and she should get 9 points. You have to be patient for the scores to reflect.

Cheers ;)

Ansuman

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
07-05-2017
Anand.Vyas said:
Thanks for your reply.

Will I get points for two or more degree or diploma?

You will only get Bachelor Degree equivalent of Canada.

You Degree is a criteria two get into 2nd year of Degree.

Thanks

Anand.Vyas

Nov 23, 2016
Can you please have a look on below link and please suggest, will I get point for two or more degree or diploma?

www cic gc ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/eca_table_en.pdf

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Anand.Vyas said:
Can you please help?

I am in dilemma.
So WES listed 3 qualifications? 1 secondary, 1 post secondary diploma, 1 post secondary degree?

If so list the post sec diploma in one qualification slot, then list the degree. There is no 2 or more qualifications anymore. Just list them separately and CIC will calculate if it counts.

Anand.Vyas

Nov 23, 2016
That is true.

But problem is CIC is not updating any score in Express entry nowadays.

Because my wife has done two bachelor and I have mentioned both but still score has not been increased from 8 to 9.

Can you please guide.
Is there any email address where I can put my query?