+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT to PR - Education Credentials Assessment Required?

optimus1509

Star Member
Oct 10, 2015
Hi,

I arrived in Canada a few months ago on an ICT work permit. I may apply for PR after completing a year of work with my employer. My question is - do i need to get my education credentials assessed if i am already in Canada and employed. If yes, then can i submit notarized copies of mark sheets/transcripts or do i need to get them in a signed and sealed envelope from the university in India? its going to be quite a pain if i have to arrange it from the university and was wondering if this is really a requirement. I have spoken to a few people who didn't have to go through this hassle but they applied for PR much earlier. I am hoping that i dont have to go though this as its holding me back from applying. I would like to arrange all documents and then apply rather than create my EE profile and then run out of time.

Any advise on this would be much appreciated.

SinNitin

Apr 22, 2017
You will need to get the academic transcripts stamped and sealed by your Indian university. It's a requirement. Notarization will not work. There are lots of services in India now which can do the same on your behalf.

1. you need to go WES (an authorized service for Canadian govt), apply for academic assessment i.e ECA
2. Once you have an WES reference number, you need to contact one of the online services in India (they will need WES ref number)
3. These services know how to contact Indian universities. Once all is done, your stamped and sealed envelopes will be sent directly to WES address in Canada.
4. WES will take few weeks and eventually will send your ECA credentials to your address.
5. These ECA credentials are needed for a PR application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
optimus1509 said:
I arrived in Canada a few months ago on an ICT work permit. I may apply for PR after completing a year of work with my employer. My question is - do i need to get my education credentials assessed if i am already in Canada and employed.
If you anticipate applying through the CEC program after 1 year, then NO, the ECA is not mandatory. However, you will not receive any points for your education if you don't get the ECA.