+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Timeline

zainsk

Nov 28, 2019
Hello,

My employer applied for my ICT and on the 28th October and I applied for my biometrics on the 14th November. The IRCC website says that the normal processing time is 2 weeks but when I contacted the NY office where my application is being processed, they said the following
"Please note that applications processed in Canada under Global Skills Strategy are subject to the 2 week processing time. Work permit applications processed in New York are subject to the 60 day global standard."

Does anyone have any similar experiences or any insight?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

My employer applied for my ICT and on the 28th October and I applied for my biometrics on the 14th November. The IRCC website says that the normal processing time is 2 weeks but when I contacted the NY office where my application is being processed, they said the following
"Please note that applications processed in Canada under Global Skills Strategy are subject to the 2 week processing time. Work permit applications processed in New York are subject to the 60 day global standard."

ICT is not the same thing as GTS.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
There is no published estimate for an ICT , could be weeks could be months. Every ICT application is of course unique with specific criteria to be met when compared to standard applications so likely to get more scrutiny on validity of both the sponsoring employer and the skill set of the employee meeting the ICT criteria.

zainsk

Nov 28, 2019
There is no published estimate for an ICT , could be weeks could be months. Every ICT application is of course unique with specific criteria to be met when compared to standard applications so likely to get more scrutiny on validity of both the sponsoring employer and the skill set of the employee meeting the ICT criteria.
Thank you

lonefox

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
How long would it practically take for GTS based work permit approval from India? I don't think it is being processed exactly in 2 weeks..

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Hello,

Hi,
My company(Indian) applied for my ICT work permit this month and I am still to hear from them. Meanwhile I was invited to apply for Canada PR and I submitted my PR application through Express Entry. However, I have not mentioned anything about my work permit application in that. Does it matter? Can you help me in this matter or do you know someone who has applied for both work permit and PR both?

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
No it can take 2 weeks to a few months.
Hi,
My company(Indian) applied for my ICT work permit this month and I am still to hear from them. Meanwhile I was invited to apply for Canada PR and I submitted my PR application through Express Entry. However, I have not mentioned anything about my work permit application in that. Does it matter? Can you help me in this matter or do you know someone who has applied for both work permit and PR both?

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,
My company(Indian) applied for my ICT work permit this month and I am still to hear from them. Meanwhile I was invited to apply(ITA) for Canada PR and I submitted my PR application through Express Entry. However, I have not mentioned anything about my work permit application in that. Does it matter? Can you help me in this matter or do you know someone who has applied for both work permit and PR both?

DjonnyMc

Dec 21, 2019
Hello,

Did you get your work permit?

zainsk

Nov 28, 2019
Hi,
Hi,
I have applied for both of them together. While filing for my PR, I documented the case number of my work permit in my application which basically lets them know that I have applied for a work permit.

It is mentioned on the Canadian website that dual intent is permitted.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Hope this helps.
Zain