+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Timeline - February 2021

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hello All,
sharing my ICT timelines for everyone to refer to. Hope it helps!
Feb 11th - Application Submitted online
Feb 12th - Received BIL
Feb 17th - Biometrics Done (VFS Pune)
Feb 24th - Visa Approved
Feb 24th - Filled Payment Link Webform
March 4th - Received Payment link and paid
March 4th - Received AWB number from VFS
March 5th - Passport picked up
March 8th - Passport reached vfs for stamping

Now waiting for passport return.
Was there no medical test needed ? Can you please confirm.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I have submitted medicals. But biometrics I am yet to get an appointment. Right. Here also internal teams are saying 6-8 weeks just because we dont keep asking.
i heard update of medical itself takes about 4 weeks. Is this true ? Any idea

rider_10

Jan 13, 2021
Hi - What do you mean by - Filled Payment Link Webform. Once the biometric is done how would we know if the VISA has been approved ?
Can you please elaborate on the diff steps once the application has been submitted for an ICT Work Permit
Once your visa is approved, you will get a passport request letter from IRCC. Then, you have to go to vfs india website and raise a request to get the payment link to pay for the passport courieer service. You will get the link 2-3 days after you submit the webform. Then you make the payment and receive the shipping label. Once you get that, bluedart will pick yo your passport from home for stamping.

SudhirGupta

Apr 4, 2021
Yeah Bhargav said it may take 3-6 weeks as the company said. When I checked processing times for a normal work permit in Feb it showed at 6 weeks. Now the same work permit is showing as 9 weeks. The processing times have increase by 50 percent. Given that for GSS, its a 2 week window , and it may also have increase to 3-4 weeks now.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Yeah Bhargav said it may take 3-6 weeks as the company said. When I checked processing times for a normal work permit in Feb it showed at 6 weeks. Now the same work permit is showing as 9 weeks. The processing times have increase by 50 percent. Given that for GSS, its a 2 week window , and it may also have increase to 3-4 weeks now.

its confusing
processing time link showed 6 weeks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

But if you check the other link - to check application status - it says thy are still processing applications from Dec 2020.

we’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

December 6 and 12, 2020 ?

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

So this contradictory

Last edited:

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
ICT GSS - Passport Submission Request Received
Time line
Online Submission - 8th March
Medical test Submission - 8th March - Upfront for Dependent
Biometric - 25th March - Self
Biometric - Dependent - 18th March
PPR mail - 14th April

Thanks everyone for the help. Good Luck !

W8nForever

Jun 7, 2021
ICT Submitted online by lawyers based in canada online.
Submission: 16th Dec 2020
Biometric: 25th Jan 2021
Medical: 20th Feb 2021
My location: Delhi

No update since Feb. Lawyers donot have any update and just respond that they will inform when they get update.

Have been tracking timeliness. Both for gss / non gss but it seems have crossed all timeliness.

Now in 15th week since complete application submitted. Not sure how to track and what to check and how much more time will they take to decide.

Sharing with all to get some insights, if anyone has any update.