+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Start up canada issues

Dododxb

Sep 19, 2020
Dear Friends ,

Need some help / info / guidance , ours is a india based shipping company
# We did made the first branch of the company in BC canada in month of july with complete remote formation , transfer of money . And virtual office
# Company has nominated me the GM to go there and establish the company .
#my wp application was submitted by lawyer in canada bc on August 15
# my wife and kids will get open work permit and school visa i was told and same apploed for
# NOC was 0731

Lawyer said you fall under GSS even tho your are well established in India your company in bc canada is a bramch / affilate startup so you will get a 1 year visa , tho it should take 2 week , you can expect 12 months wating minimum
# what can you advice , should i do medical up-front, as 12 months is a lot and my offoce says , then they may be not sure about the branch plan

What can I do to expedicte the process , the lawyer has already take 12000 dollars from the company and 3500 dollars from me for my family applications. As that was to be borne my me as my company condition

Please has any one who applied in India from lawyer in canada for a branch newly opened ICT had ever had any success

Thank you

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
hey there. WP in my case took no more than 5 weeks in approval, but there was prior Covid in 2019.

I also formed a company in BC and i was the president of the company. Here are the costs i incurred:

Lawyer 10,000 CAD
Application WP/PR Fees: 3500 roughly
Company Formation: 1500 CAD

You can not expedite the process during this time, since it's covid time, things may take a little longer then expected, the best is to be patient :)

mYusuf

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
hey there. WP in my case took no more than 5 weeks in approval, but there was prior Covid in 2019.

I also formed a company in BC and i was the president of the company. Here are the costs i incurred:

Lawyer 10,000 CAD

You can not expedite the process during this time, since it's covid time, things may take a little longer then expected, the best is to be patient :)
Hi SuvApplicant,
Can you kindly elaborate on the process you mentioned here for the WP. What is the process and what steps to take. What advantages are there to open a company and being its president.? How does it translate into getting a WP?

If you consider your lawyer effective do please share your lawyer's contact, if possible.

If there are any pointers to these details somewhere, I can look for details there as well.

Will be very grateful if you may guide me. I am an IT professional and developing software for my healthcare startup. Can also start a business.

Thank you for your time.
Regards

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi SuvApplicant,
Can you kindly elaborate on the process you mentioned here for the WP. What is the process and what steps to take. What advantages are there to open a company and being its president.? How does it translate into getting a WP?

If you consider your lawyer effective do please share your lawyer's contact, if possible.

If there are any pointers to these details somewhere, I can look for details there as well.

Will be very grateful if you may guide me. I am an IT professional and developing software for my healthcare startup. Can also start a business.

Thank you for your time.
Regards

Sheetal Maya Nanda was my lawyer. She's great

Dododxb

Sep 19, 2020
Hi was your comlany a start up in canada or alrwady an established office in canda , please give some more guidance , read my first post

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi was your comlany a start up in canada or alrwady an established office in canda , please give some more guidance , read my first post
yes i did form a company in BC - however, did not transfer any money into that account. I have a very well established company in US and Pakistan. Hence, we explained eververything in the LOE how and what will be the next steps after getting the visa and setting up the office in Canada etc,

TiaGr

Sep 4, 2019

Lawyer 10,000 CAD

It would be really useful to me if you can share the name of the lawyers you used for company formation and virtual office! Many thanks!