+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT + SOWP process details and timelines - Application submitted on Jun 13

HS27112020

Jun 20, 2022
Hi Folks,

I have submitted my ICT work Permit along with spouse open work permit. I was going through the threads regarding these and was expecting my medical results to be updated by now but no update yet on my online account. PFB my submission details:

I submitted both ICT WP and SOWP in single CIC account, so everything is updated together so far.

Application submission date : June 13
Application # series : W306#
Biometrics : June 17
Medicals : upfront medicals done on May 28
Medicals Result : waiting
AOR : waiting
ADR : Hope they don't request for Additional Documents
PPR : waiting

Applied : Online
GSS : Yes, my company mentioned that this will be taken under Expedite Processing Global Skills Strategy - they also provided the same in the support letter that I attached with my application.
NOC : Group B
LMIA : Exempt

Anybody along the same timeline? Any updates received other than this? When can I expect my medical results approximately to reflect in my applications.

Last edited:

mandydias

Star Member
Apr 2, 2022
Hi. I’ve applied under the same category as you however from UAE. LMIA exempt as well as ICT. I’ve also applied with a job under NOC B category. However from what I’ve read and understood from this forum is - we don’t qualify for express processing (2 weeks which is now 75-80 days due to backlog) as to qualify for it you need to have an NOC O OR A Job profile. My signature has the details of my application information. We did our medicals upfront in Jan. However it’s now 5 months and we are still waiting for PPR.
If you don’t need an LMIA (LMIA-exempt)
If you don’t need an LMIA, you will be eligible for two-week processing if you meet all of these requirements:

• you are applying from outside Canada
  • your job is either skill type 0 (managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classificationsystem
  • your employer has submitted an offer of employment using the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee

• Sad
Reactions: HS27112020

SamAlex

Jul 3, 2022
Hi Folks,

I have submitted my ICT work Permit along with spouse open work permit. I was going through the threads regarding these and was expecting my medical results to be updated by now but no update yet on my online account. PFB my submission details:

I submitted both ICT WP and SOWP in single CIC account, so everything is updated together so far.

Application submission date : June 13
Application # series : W306#
Biometrics : June 17
Medicals : upfront medicals done on May 28
Medicals Result : waiting
AOR : waiting
ADR : Hope they don't request for Additional Documents
PPR : waiting

Applied : Online
GSS : Yes, my company mentioned that this will be taken under Expedite Processing Global Skills Strategy - they also provided the same in the support letter that I attached with my application.
NOC : Group B
LMIA : Exempt

Anybody along the same timeline? Any updates received other than this? When can I expect my medical results approximately to reflect in my applications.
I have been waiting for the similar VISA Submitted on December 5th 2021 from Indian along with upfront Medicals exam, Got Biometric done on 15th December 2021, It is supposed to take 2 weeks processing. But guess what its 28 weeks after my submission. Please expect the delay, Canada government is working on putting together a task force , but yeah its getting delayed .

• Sad
Reactions: HS27112020

SamAlex

Jul 3, 2022
Hi. I’ve applied under the same category as you however from UAE. LMIA exempt as well as ICT. I’ve also applied with a job under NOC B category. However from what I’ve read and understood from this forum is - we don’t qualify for express processing (2 weeks which is now 75-80 days due to backlog) as to qualify for it you need to have an NOC O OR A Job profile. My signature has the details of my application information. We did our medicals upfront in Jan. However it’s now 5 months and we are still waiting for PPR.
If you don’t need an LMIA (LMIA-exempt)
If you don’t need an LMIA, you will be eligible for two-week processing if you meet all of these requirements:

• you are applying from outside Canada
  • your job is either skill type 0 (managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classificationsystem
  • your employer has submitted an offer of employment using the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
I also do have an LMIA exemption with NOC A, still it is delayed. However I know people with NOC 0 getting their visa processed

Last edited: