+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT dependent spouse, spouse sponsorship after COPR

SunnyBond

Jun 18, 2021
Last year, I applied for PR under Express Entry as status married with unaccompanying spouse, because I was getting enough points to get invitation. I am still waiting for COPR since Dec 2020.

My employer is moving me to Canada on Intra Company Transfer (ICT), which gives my wife open work permit so she can come with me now.

My question is when my COPR arrives what will be my wife’s status while I apply for her sponsorship? Is her open work permit remains valid till end of duration or I need to change her status to visitor visa?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Last year, I applied for PR under Express Entry as status married with unaccompanying spouse, because I was getting enough points to get invitation. I am still waiting for COPR since Dec 2020.

My employer is moving me to Canada on Intra Company Transfer (ICT), which gives my wife open work permit so she can come with me now.

My question is when my COPR arrives what will be my wife’s status while I apply for her sponsorship? Is her open work permit remains valid till end of duration or I need to change her status to visitor visa?
Her status will be temporary worker until the end of her WP, which has nothing to do with your PR application.

Reactions: SunnyBond