+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICAS education assessment from Pakistani university

Grazia

Apr 27, 2015
I sent my documents for a credential assessment of my PH.D to ICAS. It was a terrible mistake. They take way too long to do absolutely nothing. I sent my documentation at the end of January. I enclosed with my documentation a letter with the list of the documents I had enclosed. I contacted them one month after since I had got an invitation from CIC to apply for permanent residency. I found out they were not considering my application complete since I had not send the document list with the checkboxes filled but sent instead a letter with the list of the documents. It seems that these people cannot read words but only check sign. I send the page with the checkboxes and they spent another month before putting it in line to be assessed. They needed a whole month to count that there were four documents in the application. They take 12-14 weeks for the accreditation and it does not surprise me if the waste time this way. I had to submit my application for permanent residency by the end of April and also if I sent my request for accreditation at the end of January they did not put it in queue for assessment until April 3 and it will not be ready until July. If I knew they were wasting time this way I will never have send them the document for the accreditation. Use WES for a speedy service instead of wasting your money with ICAS.

auh_ab

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LV
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
subitted with application
They are currently reviewing applications sent till 10 of feb 2015.

How many of you have applied before that... or still waiting for file status update??

SYA

May 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today, I knew that they are working on 23rd Feb 15 ...
Its really very slow .,.,,

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
fahadshah284 said:
They Hold my file after 25 days from received docs. I was continuously in contact with ICAS to get any chance of acceptance. But today I got final reply that they need recently attested docs from HEC Islamabad. I again rise a question that do ICAS accept attestations from regional offices (like Lahore) as Islamabad conditions are worst.

Lets see...
dear fahadshah284 can you please help me what did they reply on you quire regarding regional center's prepared document package.

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018
obaid.Samee said:
dear fahadshah284 can you please help me what did they reply on you quire regarding regional center's prepared document package.
Dear Brother,

Sorry for late reply.

I attached my reply from ICAS here.

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. As indicated in ICAS’ Documentation Requirements for Pakistan, “The attestation package must be prepared by the HEC Islamabad office. Documents attested by the regional centres will not be accepted.”

To ensure you are submitting the correct information, please review our Documentation Requirements found at http://www.icascanada.ca/fsw/requiredgeneral.aspx#q

Sincerely, "

Br. Obaid she replied me like same. Unfortunately they not accept attestations from Regional offices. Anyway you send them complete documents and if you need any help please feel free to contact me.
Thnx

Fahad127

Mar 15, 2016
Dear Fahad,

Need your Kind Help.... As per ICAS requirement, I sent the Documents for HEC Attestation in a sealed envelope and also attached a cover letter for sealing the envelope through Leopard Courier (As HEC has now Authorized Leopard Courier). But They have not sent the Photocopies in an sealed envelope, upon asking Leopard office and then they called HEC Islamabad in front of me, Their Guy at HEC Islamabad told them to ask me to get it sealed from HEC Karachi office which will be equally accepted internationally.

Then, I went To HEC Karachi office and asked them and they sealed the HEC Islamabad attested photocopies in White Colored Official HEC Envelope but have stamped it as HEC Karachi, I even asked the HEC Karachi Official who sealed the envelope that, Will ICAS Canada accept it, he said: "Sure they will"

So my question is will this sealed envelope be accepted by ICAS? or will they ask for sealed Envelope from Islamabad?

Need Urgent Reply.

Thank you.

Deutschland

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Dear Fahad 127,

I think you should get your documents sealed from Islamabad office as there is a risk that ICAS will not accept it. Following is the reply I recieved from ICAS:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Due to irregularities in the procedures followed by the regional centers, we were forced to advise applicants that we could not accept documents attested by the regional centers. In many cases, applicants have had documents attested or packaged by regional centers. The documents received, however, do not adhere to the HECs own written policies for document attestation. We have been advised by the HEC Islamabad office to reject all such cases and advise the applicant to have documents re-attested. This causes a significant delay and expense to applicants which is unnecessary.

You are welcome to submit your documents attested by a regional office (provided that the attestation and packaging of the sealed envelope happens at the same time and adheres to the HEC’s policies – i.e. you cannot have previously attested documents packaged into a sealed envelope). Please understand, however, that these documents will be rejected if the regional staff do not adhere to the HEC’s policies. We cannot comment on whether they will be accepted until a member of the evaluation staff has reviewed the documents. If found to be unacceptable, you will be contacted to have documents attested by HEC Islamabad. By submitting documents attested by one of the regional centers, you are accepting this risk.

Syedzaidi1976

Sep 6, 2016
PIMSAT / Re: ICAS education assessment from Pakistani university

Does ICAS assess PIMSAT qualification? Just did MBA from Preston in 2003 and got my degree attested by HEC in 2015. Thanks

Khalidbk

Apr 6, 2017
Hi all,

I am in the middle of completing my online application form for ECA through ICAS. I strongly need some help on step 3 of this form.i.e Education history

The form has 3 categories as primary, secondary & post secondary. While in Pakistani education system we have primary, middle, secondary and post secondary education. My question is if I consider primary ( 1-5 grades ) and secondary ( 9-12 grades ), then where to consider grade 6-8. So if I consider primary as 1 to 8 grades, I really doubt if it make sense.

Can anyone please share experience or extend any advice.

Many thanks,
K

rehanganatra

Aug 6, 2017
I know I am very late for that.. but can you or some one please help...cause I can't go to Pakistan as I have availed all my vacation.

what about official records request.

1. Print a separate Official Records Request Form for EACH qualification you wish to have assessed, even if you received several qualifications from one institution/authority.
  2. Submit the Official Records Request Form to the appropriate institution/authority for each qualification you wish to have assessed and request that the institution/authority send required documents directly to ICAS’ office.
How you arrange this paper..do you went to university or just send them by courier to submit directly to ICAS Canada. And who paid the courier charges and if it's you how you handle that..

well i did my assessment from ICAS. The procedure is:

1. Make online account on ICAS website and pay the fees via credit card.

2. You will get the confirmation email from ICAS with application number and submission form.

3. Go to HEC and get your post secondary documents/certificates/degrees copies attested i.e. degrees, transcripts and all marks sheets.

4. After that go to R&I section in HEC with attested copies and ask them to seal them in envelope.

5. after that fill and sign the submission form which u get from ICAS and attach it outside the sealed envelope of HEC with paper clip. Also mention your ICAS application number on one corner of HEC sealed envelope.

6. Courier that envelope with signed submission from to ICAS and wait for 6 to 8 weeks to get back your assessment report. (I posted the ICAS timeline yesterday on this forum)

7. ICAS don't ask for secondary school and higher secondary school certificates from Pakistan as WES requires that. ICAS only need post secondary degrees.

Hope this helps you.

thankzzzz

Azharalli81

May 22, 2016
hi
pls help
i need to know that i have done my BA from punjab university and MBA from gomal university, can i send both degrees to icas? i heard that icas and wes have certain universities whoes degrees they attest. my friend told me that Punjab university degrees need to be assessed by icas and gomal university needs to be send to wes?
i m really confused, pls help
azhar

Azharalli81

May 22, 2016
The assessment process begins when we have received all required documents for all qualifications which you would like to appear on the Assessment Report. If you are submitting documents for multiple qualifications, the assessment will not begin until we have received all documents for all qualifications. If you have a completed postsecondary qualification (college/university), secondary school documents are not usually required and their inclusion may delay your process.

For each qualification which you would like to appear on the report,

i am sure see above extract from ICAS website....

secondary Matric inter documents are optional.... see in the link http://www.icascanada.ca/fsw/requiredgeneral.aspx
sir can u pls tell me does icas have a recognized pakistan university list liks wes?

kasmeh1980

Dec 27, 2017
Sir,
I want to apply for ECA .My education is Pharm D (batch 2005-2010). I just want to know that experience in this field is essentially required for ECA to be done as my experience is of teaching only my NOC does not appeal as phrmacist, but I want to work there as pharmacist in Canada after immigration ,so can I apply for ECA from pebc without having experience in that field will it be objectionable? by immigration officer or I should simply go for ECA from pebc?

syedtalha30

Jan 1, 2018
I'm going for immigration, which option can I select from ICAS site for document assessment "General use" or Immigration ??

Thanks