+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICAS Credential Assessment or CNO Registration

UnsungHero

Mar 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everybody,

Since the FSW program is on hold till 2013 am intending to get my academic credentials evaluated before the window opens again. Am wishing to work in Ontario. So, being a BSc Nursing degree holder (4yrs), is it mandatory that i get my credentials evaluated by College of Nurses of Ontario for immigration purpose or is it acceptable if i do the evaluation by ICAS (International Credential Assessment Service of Canada)? Could you please tell the difference between credential assessment by CNO and regitration with CNO? Experts, please guide me...Thanks....

sharmei17

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 17, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20-2014
File Transfer...
February 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015.....IN PROCESS APR 30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM May 14, 2015
LANDED..........
hopefully by June 23
UnsungHero said:
Hello Everybody,

Since the FSW program is on hold till 2013 am intending to get my academic credentials evaluated before the window opens again. Am wishing to work in Ontario. So, being a BSc Nursing degree holder (4yrs), is it mandatory that i get my credentials evaluated by College of Nurses of Ontario for immigration purpose or is it acceptable if i do the evaluation by ICAS (International Credential Assessment Service of Canada)? Could you please tell the difference between credential assessment by CNO and regitration with CNO? Experts, please guide me...Thanks....
it is better to have ur credentials to be assessed by CNO. I also asked cno if i cn have my credentials by WES but they replied that they do the assessment alone.

thefactsfolks

Jul 5, 2012
CNO does use WES. See the fairness commissioner's website in ontario and the pages on credential assessment: www .fairnesscommissioner.ca/en/about/current_projects/credential_assessment.php

So if you are required (or going to be) to have your credentials assessed as part of immigration through the FSWP, it makes sense to use WES as it will be accepted for both purposes. If you are not going to be required to have your credentials assessed for immigration purposes, going through the CNO directly could be more appropriate.

CNO does not accept ICAS. You should contact the CNO directly.
Good luck! :)

trisha11

Jan 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So what you guys suggest? go to CNO registration or ICAS? ???

jijitipie

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila; noc 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July8,2011
AOR Received.
Oct6,2011
File Transfer...
Nov15,2011
Med's Request
Jan4,2012
Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
ontario colleges accepts ICAS , WES OR CNO.. FOR ME, ICAS IS MORE ACCESSIBLE..THEY HAVE AN OFFICE IN BCIT OR SOME OTHER PLACES HERE IN
CANADA WHERE IN YOU CAN PERSONALLY HAND OUT YOUR DOCUMENTS TO THEM..AND YOU CAN CALL THEM ANYTIME.. THEY ARE FAST.

Empoybee

Feb 21, 2013
For ICAS - Should I choose Secondary and Postsecondary Comprehensive Report or just General Report?

akshargajjar

Jan 30, 2008
DONT GO FOR ICAS,
BECAUSE IN ICAS YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR ORIGNALS MARKSHEET, DEGREE AND OTHER TO ICAS, (AT YOUR OWN RISK) THEY DONT EVALUATE WITHOUT "ORIGNALS"
BECASUSE VERIFIED, TRUECOPY, NOTORISED IS NOT VALID AT ALL.

I HAVE PAID THEIR FEES,BUT STILL WITHOUT REPORT.....

GO FOR WES

Max821

Nov 29, 2016
Hi anyone out there who have tried icas to have their credentials assessed? Id like to find out how long their process really works? I submitted mine last oct 17 but still no new updates.