+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICAEW Equivalence

Waqarkhan715

May 19, 2019
I am Chartered Accountant from ICAEW (England & Wales) and was wondering about the equivalence for canadian immigration purpose. Further it is equivalent to Canadian CPA ( reciprocal basis) and I am planning to get that as well. Will that help as well?

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I am Chartered Accountant from ICAEW (England & Wales) and was wondering about the equivalence for canadian immigration purpose. Further it is equivalent to Canadian CPA ( reciprocal basis) and I am planning to get that as well. Will that help as well?
Hi. I replied to your question in another thread but thought I’d add in here as you mention the Canadian CPA as well.

My ACA was graded as equal to a 3 year bachelors degree.

On the CPA, my understanding (might be wrong) is that if you are trying the get points for having a ‘Canadian qualification’ it won’t count - it needs to have been earned (or majority earned) whilst in Canada. I looked into this when I was considering using my ACA to reciprocally get a Canadian CPA

Waqarkhan715

May 19, 2019
Hi. I replied to your question in another thread but thought I’d add in here as you mention the Canadian CPA as well.

On the CPA, my understanding (might be wrong) is that if you are trying the get points for having a ‘Canadian qualification’ it won’t count - it needs to have been earned (or majority earned) whilst in Canada. I looked into this when I was considering using my ACA to reciprocally get a Canadian CPA
Thank you for the answer, my understanding is also aligned with your thoughts

AM_Broadcasts

Jan 11, 2020

Hi, I have a follow up question on this.
I am planning to start the process and submit my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) application for migration to Canada.
I have a Bachelor's degree and the ACA qualification - would it therefore be assessed as 2 bachelors degrees?

In addition, could you provide guidance on how to submit the ACA qualification for ECA?
For my degree, my university will be sending the transcript and details directly to WES for the ECA assessment, however when I tried to contact ICAEW - my query seemed to be going around in circles.
Appreciate if you could let me know if I have to request for something in specific from ICAEW - for the ACA qual to be assessed.

Appreciate the help, thanks!!

Sanalfa

Mar 6, 2020
Thanks for the info.
I also have follow up question, if ICEAW done by getting exemptions in some papers after ACCA or by pathways, still it is equivalent to 3 years?

potatok

Sep 24, 2019
Hi, I have a follow up question on this.
I am planning to start the process and submit my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) application for migration to Canada.
I have a Bachelor's degree and the ACA qualification - would it therefore be assessed as 2 bachelors degrees?

In addition, could you provide guidance on how to submit the ACA qualification for ECA?
For my degree, my university will be sending the transcript and details directly to WES for the ECA assessment, however when I tried to contact ICAEW - my query seemed to be going around in circles.
Appreciate if you could let me know if I have to request for something in specific from ICAEW - for the ACA qual to be assessed.

Appreciate the help, thanks!!
Dear Friend,

May I know if there is any update on that? Appreciate your help! Thanks!

Tirmazi

Jul 1, 2020
I am having the same question : if ICAEW completed through pathways, still it is equivalent to 3 years from WES ECA?

nedian84

Dec 2, 2016
Hello. I have obtained ACA from ICAEW via pathways and is looking for get it through the WES for Canadian immigration purposes. I already have a WES account and intend to upgrade the same for ICAEW ACA certification.

Can i be kindly guided about the steps to be performed and the documents required to be submitted in this regard.

Many thanks in advance.

sirius312

Nov 13, 2021
Thanks for the info.
I also have follow up question, if ICEAW done by getting exemptions in some papers after ACCA or by pathways, still it is equivalent to 3 years?
Hello there, is there any update on this? I also have obtained ICAEW by reciprocal agreement with another CPA body. Thanks