+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IA date - How do you know?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Hi All,

Does anyone knows when the Initial Assessment is completed on the file - Does it comes after the document request or before the document request? How do you know that Initial Assessment is completed and on what date?

Thanks,

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
NewYorker said:
Hi All,

Does anyone knows when the Initial Assessment is completed on the file - Does it comes after the document request or before the document request? How do you know that Initial Assessment is completed and on what date?

Thanks,
I strongly believe it happens after the initial assessment is completed. I sent an inquiry to CIC office and this is what they replied:

Dear Sir

Given our current caseload, the queue for initial screening is approximately 4 years from the date of application. Please await further contact from this office.
You may check on the status of your application on the web at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.html

Thank you for your inquiry.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
i think that starts with the date given at the web site in your perticular file number .....

ghiaskhan

When an application is received by the receivers it is lined into the queue. When its first red & subjected to basics checks.It is aid the application is subjected to initial assessment. If there is missing information, e.g date of birth/unanswered questions, insufficient processing fee,or any other deficiency, the applcation is returned to make good the deficiency. Once thats done and cic officer gets satified "receipt of acknowledgement "is sent with the file number. The application again is placed in the queue. Then documents are asked for, and the applicant has to complete schedle1,6 addition family disclosure etc for processing the case. If every thing is found Ok Interview and Medical is done for final conclusion of the application.

tanya321

Nov 16, 2008
aghijan - i think your reply and the letter that you posted here did not answer NewYorker's question.

ghiaskhan - are you saying that the document request comes before the Initial Assessment?

Leon, BCguy - kindly input your views on this since you have gone through this process.

NewYorker's (and my question as well) question is:

Initial Assessment (IA) - Does it comes after the document request OR before the document request?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Thats right,

this still doesn't answer my question or may be I am not understanding the question. OK, here is an example;

• I submitted the application for the first time In Feb, 2008
    AOR received in May, 2008
    Doc Requested (Tax W2 and some transcripts) on October
    Doc Sent Nov 17th, 2008

Does this mean my initial assessment is done??? Or it will be done after they review the documents. That is what I want to know.

ANOTHER question;

1. Will they transfer the file to local in all cases or it depends on the workload?
2. When the ususally request for medicals and RPRF fee? At what point.. rough idea?

Thanks,

ghiaskhan

Assess yourself which stage have you attained if your application is in process..Status of your application Explanation

1. IN PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)
1. Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

2.Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

3.An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

4.WITHDRAWN(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.) Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Immigrant Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

5.DECISIONMADE

(A decision has been made at this point.) Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

6. Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

7.Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.
COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.) Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence

8.You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/gol_static/ecas/processflow_permOutFC_en?.shtml

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
i think after varification of ducuments you'll hav your IA and then youll move to stage 2... criminal check n madical...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The status on their website isn't always updated and sometimes it is plain wrong. When I was applying for citizenship, my status was always in process until around the time of my citizenship test when they changed it to "transferred to local office on date x" where date x was actually after my local office had sent me a request to come and do the test so the local office must have had my file before then.