App. Filed.......
15th March 2011
File Transfer...
10th June 2011
Interview........
31st Aug 2011
Passport Req..
10th July 2011
I have made frequent one day trips to Buffalo from toronto. Although they do get counted I am still required to list them in the physical calculator. My question is - since i do not remember all the dates, should i ask for a copy from US border services ..Or should I list what I know from my memory and check mark the option where border services can request this information?

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Requesting a copy (not sure which US / Canada border services would have quicker TAT) seems to be sane option!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
456987 said:
I have made frequent one day trips to Buffalo from toronto. Although they do get counted I am still required to list them in the physical calculator. My question is - since i do not remember all the dates, should i ask for a copy from US border services ..Or should I list what I know from my memory and check mark the option where border services can request this information?
If you require visa to enter USA, then you can access your entry/exit records from i94 website however the records may be missing (entry)or incorrect(exit). You can access the records from the following website:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

However, if you want more accurate and detailed records, you can get your entry records from the following website:
This option is for anyone whether he has VISA or VISA exempt country passport or American Citizen etc:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

Create an account in order to get your records. Do not "Continue as Guest" else you may not receive your records.
However, it may take few days to few weeks or months or more to get your records.

Reactions: Mahta

Mahta

Aug 20, 2018
I am asked to provide a copy of Entry/Exit record of movement from USA, in one of my entries to USA the date on the stamp is incorrect and I provided the incorrect date as my Entry date
now I just wanna know if the i94's print is what I am asked for? or should I apply for a FOIA?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
How accurate do you find the I-94 website?

If it contains all the accurate entries and exits from the US (and for non-US/non-Canadian citizens, it should be accurate, at least for the last five years), then I believe the print-out should be enough, though if you want to be extremely safe, you should request your FOIA record.

Reactions: Mahta

Mahta

Aug 20, 2018
Thanks a lot, and should I send some documents from my work place showing that the stamp is wrong and send a new physical presence form based on correct information? or just providing the i94 is enough?
( I had my citizenship exam in June2018)

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
It's probably not a bad idea to notify them (I believe there is a webform to correct mistakes in application, but you would have to look it up).

How many days off are we talking about here? And taking the worst case scenario, do you still have the required number of days within the last five years?

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
What I found useful was looking at my credit card and chequing account statements, and searching for US dollar purchases. Go though your statements and mark off on a calendar all the times you were definitely in the US. Then use your I94 records to cross check this. Keep all these documents and the calendar and bring them to your interview when the time comes.

The officer just wants to feel sure that your information is accurate, and to know how you arrived at the information - it's like in math class at school where you get credit for showing your working out rather than just putting down the answer.

Mahta

Aug 20, 2018
Thanks @meyakanor and @Quink , the difference is just one day and still I meet the days required as I delayed one month to apply
and I already had my interview 2 month ago :)
I will check my credit card records and I will send new forms to them

definately I will inform you here about the results
Thank you both
I was terrified when I saw this funny stamp :)

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Hi guys. I became a Canadian last week. Last time I went to US was back in March with my Indian passport and I had a valid i94, which expired in April. I still have that i94 with me.

I just checked my i94 travel history using my Indian passport number. It only shows my entry to US, but not my exit, which was just 2 days after my entry.

Would this cause any issues in future? I.e would they say that I overstayed? Also, would they know person with Canadian passport Xyz is the same person as the person with Indian passport abc?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi guys. I became a Canadian last week. Last time I went to US was back in March with my Indian passport and I had a valid i94, which expired in April. I still have that i94 with me.

I just checked my i94 travel history using my Indian passport number. It only shows my entry to US, but not my exit, which was just 2 days after my entry.

Would this cause any issues in future? I.e would they say that I overstayed? Also, would they know person with Canadian passport Xyz is the same person as the person with Indian passport abc?
1. The US doesn’t have exit passport check.
2. Your bio (should be the same) is the same regardless of the passport you use to travel (unless you’re a spy ). Sometimes, people who just got married and are trying to change from maiden names but have 2 or 3 different nationalities and last names on their passports.
3. Entry and exits are registered between the US and Canada since they share information.

Last edited:
Reactions: mumbai1985

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
1. The US doesn’t have exit passport check.
2. Your bio (should be the same) is the same regardless of the passport you use to travel (unless you’re a spy ). Sometimes, people who just got married and are trying to change from maiden names but has 2 or 3 different nationalities have difference last names on their passports.
3. Entry and exits are registered between the US and Canada since they share information.
Thanks. I think i94 always shows the exit information based on the entry information shared by cbsa. However, i94 doesnt have my exit info in March. There could be 3 reasons why
1) Canada didnt record my entry or
2) Canada recorded my entry but somehow missed sharing this particular entry with cbp, or
3) Canada recorded my entry and shared this with cbp, but CBP has not processed this info.

Not sure what is the most probable cause. In any case, I'll order CBSa records to see if they my record entering Canada in March.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Thanks. I think i94 always shows the exit information based on the entry information shared by cbsa. However, i94 doesnt have my exit info in March. There could be 3 reasons why
1) Canada didnt record my entry or
2) Canada recorded my entry but somehow missed sharing this particular entry with cbp, or
3) Canada recorded my entry and shared this with cbp, but CBP has not processed this info.

Not sure what is the most probable cause. In any case, I'll order CBSa records to see if they my record entering Canada in March.
CBSA and CBP have an agreement that was put in place in June 30 2013 to share with each other the entries of non-Canadian/non-US citizens through the land borders.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/ee-es-phase-2-rev-eng.html

So if you entered Canada through the land border (and if you are not a US/Canadian citizen), in principle, it should be recorded as an exit from the Untied States. Likewise, any land entry into the US would be shared as a departure from Canada.

I've heard from people, however, that some exits did not show up on the I-94 website, but you can be sure that they (CBP/CBSA) would know about it.

CBP themselves mentioned that the I-94 website should only be viewed as a tool, but not a legal record, so if you find that the information there is not satisfactory, then you should try to find another source of information (like CBSA or FOIA record)

Reactions: mumbai1985