+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I would like to bring my wife to canada. How?

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hello there,

i would like to know the process of sponsoring my spouse after I got my PR status. how does the process? can she get the PR status right away or she will have status as a worker first ? Thank you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Did you read the process in this link.

Note you need to be in Canada to sponsor a spouse and it could take upto 12 months in normal circumstances. Getting a work permit from outside of Canada is not easy as would need an employer sponsored LMIA. There is no requirement to get a work permit for spouse sponsorship but also it is not easy for a spouse to get to Canada in advance of a PR application being processed/approved. Alternatives would be a study permit but that has a major cost or a TRV but those are difficult to get approved where spouse PR process in involved

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
what about bring got to canada with visitor visa first then sponsor her when she's there? do you think it's a better option?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what about bring got to canada with visitor visa first then sponsor her when she's there? do you think it's a better option?
You can certainly try. It can be quite difficult to get a TRV approved. To get a TRV approved you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country and prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
If she makes the visitor visa will they approve it? Since i will be having a permanent residency status, would the government approve the visitor visa application?

bian07

May 19, 2017
If she makes the visitor visa will they approve it? Since i will be having a permanent residency status, would the government approve the visitor visa application?
There is a high chance they wouldnt, unless you show strong ties to her come country. They are often not convinced the applicant will leave canada when the visa is up, especially when they are married or common law with a permanent resident or citizen.