+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i would like to bring my wife and son from india.

rahulvanve

Jun 12, 2008
hello all, currently i am on work permit and i would like to bring my wife and son from india, please suggest me option .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: i wold like to bring my wife and son.

What is the skill level of your job in Canada?

rahulvanve

Jun 12, 2008
Re: i wold like to bring my wife and son.

thx for reply , i am working as cook in edmonton . since june 2013.

Candy85

Jan 4, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 20, 2015
Nomination.....
January 15, 2015
AOR Received.
April 7, 2015
File Transfer...
April 3, 2015
Passport Req..
September 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 16,2015
LANDED..........
September 26, 2015
Your wife is eligible to apply for a Spousal Open Work Permit or she could apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor's Visa) and your dependent son a or Study Permit- whichever is applicable. It depends on their intentions for Canada (just to visit or work temporarily) Do some reading on that and ensure that whichever she applies for she demonstrates sufficient ties to India to reduce the chances of her application being rejected. Hope this helps.

joanenriquez

Jan 7, 2014
Candy85 said:
Your wife is eligible to apply for a Spousal Open Work Permit or she could apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor's Visa) and your dependent son a or Study Permit- whichever is applicable. It depends on their intentions for Canada (just to visit or work temporarily) Do some reading on that and ensure that whichever she applies for she demonstrates sufficient ties to India to reduce the chances of her application being rejected. Hope this helps.

we have same story, pls help me the requirement for applying a spouse open work permit. any consultant needed for applying this, and my husband employer in canada ,
pls help me to know all information I need.. thanks

Neil.p

Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joanenriquez said:
we have same story, pls help me the requirement for applying a spouse open work permit. any consultant needed for applying this, and my husband employer in canada ,
pls help me to know all information I need.. thanks
Are you planning to apply for PR soon ??? If that's case then you can use "dual-intent" too in your cover-letter. Just to make the case stronger

can854

Oct 21, 2013
So does it mean if u r on open work permit in canada, working in skilled categ and nominated by provincial govt will help u and make ur case stronger to bring the partner here on SOWP permit.
Please advise. Thanks

Neil.p

Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can854 said:
So does it mean if u r on open work permit in canada, working in skilled categ and nominated by provincial govt will help u and make ur case stronger to bring the partner here on SOWP permit.
Please advise. Thanks
yes indeed. Of course other things do count (like your financial stability, your earning power which should be above the Income Cut-off level) but mentioning your future plans for become a PR in Canada will surely add an advantage for SOWP.