+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I worked after graduation but before applying for PGWP, help!

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Hello all.
I am in a dilemma.
Actually after completing my course, I started looking for work right away which fortunately I got 1 and they wanted someone asap.
Once I received my Letter of completion, and transcript, I started working on the next day, thinking my lawyer would apply same day but she applied it after
1 week. Now I am afraid this may cause any problem. Anyone can help me please !!
Should I tell my employer to change the starting date?
Timeline:
Course ended: 28 Aug 2023
Date started to work: 08 Sept 2023
Date applied for PGWP: 15 Sept 2023
You're stressing over nothing, you'll be fine, no need to discuss this with the employer imo.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Are you sure?
if tomorrow am applying for PR,, should I still include the job offer dated before my pgwp?
I personally worked over 2 weeks after I received my completion letter from university before I applied for PGWP. However I did attach a letter of explanation with my application explaining that I didn't know we were not allowed to work in that period. In your case you have already submitted the PGWP application so that is not possible. It's just 1 week, I don't think it would be flagged. But if you're feeling paranoid regarding the PR application, sure, if your employer is cool with it, you can get your starting date changed.

Jibraan

May 9, 2022
I personally worked over 2 weeks after I received my completion letter from university before I applied for PGWP. However I did attach a letter of explanation with my application explaining that I didn't know we were not allowed to work in that period. In your case you have already submitted the PGWP application so that is not possible. It's just 1 week, I don't think it would be flagged. But if you're feeling paranoid regarding the PR application, sure, if your employer is cool with it, you can get your starting date changed.

My employer is okay with changing the date, but as I work on SIN, I got my 1 week pay as they pay every 2 weeks.
Will this reflect? Will this be an issue?