+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I withdrew my application ? But I got interview ?

Mersiha

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
I sent an email withdrawing my sponsorship 1 week ago but I got an email letter for the pa to attend interview December 20. Does thus mean my request to withdraw was denied ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It takes some time for a withdrawal application to be withdrawn. If you didn't get a response from IRCC saying that they had received your application to withdraw, then they haven't received it or acted on it yet.

You need to contact IRCC now and let them know you have decided to withdraw. Call them. Email them. Raise a webform. Without an acknowledgement from them, attend the interview and tell them that you are withdrawing your sponsorship.

It is essential you get an acknowledgement from them that you are withdrawing.

Reactions: scylla

Mersiha

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
It takes some time for a withdrawal application to be withdrawn. If you didn't get a response from IRCC saying that they had received your application to withdraw, then they haven't received it or acted on it yet.

You need to contact IRCC now and let them know you have decided to withdraw. Call them. Email them. Raise a webform. Without an acknowledgement from them, attend the interview and tell them that you are withdrawing your sponsorship.

It is essential you get an acknowledgement from them that you are withdrawing.
I am the sponsor so I won’t be the one attending the interview but I will call them if I don’t receive a message from them in 3 weeks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I would call them sooner than that.

If you don't get an acknowledgement then your last chance to withdraw sponsorship is at the interview. The interview may be a landing interview.

Reactions: YVR123

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Just to add: emailing IRCC is not the best way to withdraw. Filing a webform (called a case specific inquiry) is. Your email may not ever be received, file a webform today.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I would call them sooner than that.

If you don't get an acknowledgement then your last chance to withdraw sponsorship is at the interview. The interview may be a landing interview.
Outland app and sponsor isn't required to be there. This is a relationship interview for the PA, not a landing interview.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I sent an email withdrawing my sponsorship 1 week ago but I got an email letter for the pa to attend interview December 20. Does thus mean my request to withdraw was denied ?
It means the request hasn't been processed yet. It should likely be processed before the actual interview date. You can send a Webform just to confirm the withdrawal. If you haven't heard back by Dec 20, under no circumstances should the PA actually attend the interview.