+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I will have PNP but I don't meet EE criteria ??!

vcn310

Jul 2, 2014
Hello everybody,

I will be accepted for the Provincial Nominee Program of Prince Edward Island. But when I check on EE website, I don't meet any criteria of Express Entry which are CEC, FSWP, FSTP. I graduated in last May, and just had a full time job in September. So please tell me how I could be eligible for entering the Express Entry pool.

Thank you!

Ekniranjan2

Dec 2, 2014
Looks like existing(already approved) PNP's canNOT be used for creating express entry profile. You will only get additional points for YOUR PNP nomination ONLY when you get the PNP nomination issued under the new, yet to be created "express entry STREAM"

Reference: wwwDOTgazetteDOTgcDOTca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

FYI look at the last point of Section 5.(1) of Gazzette which says:

5. (1) In order to be "eligible to be issued an invitation", a foreign national must

(a) meet the requirements to be a member of at least one of the classes referred to in paragraphs 2(a) to (c);
(b) meet the requirements of
(i) subparagraph 82(2)(c)(ii) of the Regulations, if they are a foreign national referred to in paragraph 82(2)(b); or
(ii) clause 87.2(3)(d)(iv)(B) of the Regulations, if they are a foreign national referred to in subparagraph 87.2(3)(d)(iii); and

(c) not later than 30 days after the day on which they submit their expression of interest, register with the Job Bank of the Department of Employment and Social Development, if they do not have a qualifying offer of arranged employment or are not named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province referred to in paragraph 2(d) under its provincial nominee program "express entry stream" at the end of that period.

Ekniranjan2

Dec 2, 2014
In order to get 600 additional points I think you should get your PNP nomination under the new "express entry stream" which is yet to be created by the provincial governments. If you have PNP nomination from other existing streams then it may not be eligible to fetch those "600 additional points" for express entry.

Reference: wwwDOTgazetteDOTgcDOTca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

5. (1) In order to be "eligible to be issued an invitation", a foreign national must

(a) meet the requirements to be a member of at least one of the classes referred to in paragraphs 2(a) to (c);
(i) subparagraph 82(2)(c)(ii) of the Regulations, if they are a foreign national referred to in paragraph 82(2)(b); or
(ii) clause 87.2(3)(d)(iv)(B) of the Regulations, if they are a foreign national referred to in subparagraph 87.2(3)(d)(iii); and

(c) not later than 30 days after the day on which they submit their expression of interest, register with the Job Bank of the Department of Employment and Social Development, if they do not have a qualifying offer of arranged employment or are not named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province referred to in paragraph 2(d) under its provincial nominee program "express entry stream" at the end of that period.

************SENIOR MEMBERS PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG********************

susana

Nov 4, 2008
vcn310 said:
Hello everybody,

I will be accepted for the Provincial Nominee Program of Prince Edward Island. But when I check on EE website, I don't meet any criteria of Express Entry which are CEC, FSWP, FSTP. I graduated in last May, and just had a full time job in September. So please tell me how I could be eligible for entering the Express Entry pool.

Thank you!
If you are nominated by a Province you don't need to meet elegible criteria for FSWP, CEC and fSTP. You will have higher chances to be ITA

vcn310

Jul 2, 2014
susana said:
If you are nominated by a Province you don't need to meet elegible criteria for FSWP, CEC and fSTP. You will have higher chances to be ITA
If I don't meet criteria for those programs, how could I enter the Express Entry pool?? That's my point. Please let me know, thank you!

amardeepk

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
vcn310 said:
If I don't meet criteria for those programs, how could I enter the Express Entry pool?? That's my point. Please let me know, thank you!
Your case is same as mine. Im appearing for ielts in a few weeks and will make an EE profile using the scores.
Please read below for more clarification. As per my understanding, first point can be applied to us.

"9. What is the process for potential candidates who want to use both a Provincial Nominee Program and Express Entry?

There are two ways to do this. A person can:
•apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
•fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile.

In either case, once a person updates their Express Entry profile to show they have a provincial or territorial nomination certificate, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates. "

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#9

amardeepk

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
amardeepk said:
Your case is same as mine. Im appearing for ielts in a few weeks and will make an EE profile using the scores.
Please read below for more clarification. As per my understanding, first point can be applied to us.

"9. What is the process for potential candidates who want to use both a Provincial Nominee Program and Express Entry?

There are two ways to do this. A person can:
•apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
•fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile.

In either case, once a person updates their Express Entry profile to show they have a provincial or territorial nomination certificate, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates. "

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#9

Actually, on a second note, the more I read about it, the more I get confused. But I'll still go ahead and make a profile for EE as I'll complete one year of full time employment in January and will become eligible for CEC.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Obviously my opinions are not expert opinions but from what I understand is that if you have a valid PNP Nomination you can still apply through EE if you meet one of the program's criteria. On the other hand, people who already have arranged employments for a skilled job (NOC O, A and B levels) or a PNP Nomination do not need to create a Job Profile with Job Bank, which means they do not need to advertise themselves to potential employers.

People with PNP Nomination or considering PNP Nomination has two options:
1. Create EE Profile and Job Bank profile to advertise yourself to allow the provinces to offer you a PNP Nomination; or
2. Apply for PNP and obtain a Nomination then create or update EE Profile to reflect the PNP Nomination status

EE is for Canada to attract and select the best candidates from the pool of qualifying people, so if you do not have a skill job then EE may not be the program for you and may consider going the paper route (ie. getting a PNP Nomination and submit paper applications). Of course, you can still create a EE Profile and see if you can enter the pool and have enough scores to rank high for an invitation.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
vcn310 said:
Hello everybody,

You won't, because 1 year of skilled work experience is required.

So you can apply under the regular PNP program (which will continue to exist), or you can wait until you get your one year experience and then apply. (Or both, it is permitted to apply to more than one program).

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Ekniranjan2 said:
In order to get 600 additional points I think you should get your PNP nomination under the new "express entry stream" which is yet to be created by the provincial governments. If you have PNP nomination from other existing streams then it may not be eligible to fetch those "600 additional points" for express entry.

************SENIOR MEMBERS PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG********************
You are wrong. It says that a candidate should register for the job bank within 30 days of EE profile creation, if they don't have a qualifying offer of employment or PNP. It does not bar anyone who has an existing PNP certificate.

ashlireza

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2014
jes_ON said:
You won't, because 1 year of skilled work experience is required.

So you can apply under the regular PNP program (which will continue to exist), or you can wait until you get your one year experience and then apply. (Or both, it is permitted to apply to more than one program).
bambooshka said:
You are wrong. It says that a candidate should register for the job bank within 30 days of EE profile creation, if they don't have a qualifying offer of employment or PNP. It does not bar anyone who has an existing PNP certificate.

I think jes-ON is correct that having an existing Provincial nomination will NOT qualify you to enter EE.
However, Express Entry documentation is pretty vague about whether you can use an existing nomination to get 600 points or not. For example I have already applications in both PNP and CEC categories and I will apply through Canadian Experience in Express Entry then I "MIGHT" be able to use my nomination just to get 600 points (I am not sure about this though, I will call on Monday to try and clarify this with CIC).
I believe bambooshka is right that Nomination Holders will not need to enter the Job Bank if CIC accepts their nomination to award 600 points. The whole point of entering Job Bank is to secure a QUALIFYING job offer to get the 600 points otherwise you won't stand a chance to compete Nomination and Job Offer holders.

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
ashlireza said:
I believe bambooshka is right that Nomination Holders will not need to enter the Job Bank if CIC accepts their nomination to award 600 points. The whole point of entering Job Bank is to secure a QUALIFYING job offer to get the 600 points otherwise you won't stand a chance to compete Nomination and Job Offer holders.
If you have nomination, you will be awarded 600 points. Read 8 and 9.

cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#8

In either case, once a person updates their Express Entry profile to show they have a provincial or territorial nomination certificate, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.
Basically PNP is a sureshot entry, provided that you fulfill requirements for FSWP or CEC.

And yes, the original poster does not meet the requirement because he does not have one year of experience for CEC or FSWP categories.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
I am in the same boat as you. I am both PNP and CEC. Let me know if you find out anything more from CIC.

Will you be creating an EE profile come Jan 1st? Also, do you have overseas education qualification? Mine is from Australia, so I might need to do a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).

ashlireza said:
I think jes-ON is correct that having an existing Provincial nomination will NOT qualify you to enter EE.
However, Express Entry documentation is pretty vague about whether you can use an existing nomination to get 600 points or not. For example I have already applications in both PNP and CEC categories and I will apply through Canadian Experience in Express Entry then I "MIGHT" be able to use my nomination just to get 600 points (I am not sure about this though, I will call on Monday to try and clarify this with CIC).

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
I got same question. Province going to select people from EE pool. How can I enter in a EE pool if I don't meet the requirement of EE!!