+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I wasn't allowed to the plane

aliserdem

Jul 6, 2021
Hello everyone! I want to share one of the horrible days of my life. I'm a postgraduate student, and my school will be starting on the 7th of September. To know the city and rent a house etc. I have bought my plane ticket for the 30th of June. When I shared it with my student agency (explaining why I bought it on that date), they didn't mention any sort of issues that I could face while entering Canada... As you may guess, I was going to spend 14 days in quarantine so the date I should become completely free would be the 14th of July, so I don't think I was going there that early (almost 7 weeks before my classes begin)... However, the flight wasn't direct and the direction was Ankara>Istanbul>Toronto. I did come to Istanbul without any problem, and the boarding started at 2 o'clock... It was a very busy line and it took 40 minutes for my turn to come, I'm a very cautious person so I have prepared all the documents beforehand. The plane security didn't let me in as the only excuse that they told me was "You were going too early." and I can't describe how shocked I am at that moment... He said, "Even If I let you in, the CBSA officer will send you back"... I felt so desperate because I don't know anyone in the city, they later take me to get both of the luggage (weight 50 LBS both) and each of them was destroyed... It was almost impossible to make them move, and I did more than 15,000 steps with those wrecked things... I did wait 10 hours in that airport just to return home, and that day just damaged me both financially and mentally... You wouldn't believe me if I share the amount with you, but I don't mind it... The mental part was much harder... My question is; Do you think that I should deserve all of this? The student VISA was given to me in April!!! So what would be their excuse to reject me? Please just share your ideas with me, I'm still feeling so angry... You could see the situation of suitcases here (The airway company: Turkish Airlines);

Any kindly answers are welcomed! Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
So you were travelling on 30th June with a program start date 7th September, that's far too early, almost 9 weeks. Maximum 4-5 weeks I would say.

Reactions: CMog

MianUsama

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
You should know that you can only travel 4 weeks prior to when your classes start. Its mentioned on ircc website!

Reactions: CMog

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone! I want to share one of the horrible days of my life. I'm a postgraduate student, and my school will be starting on the 7th of September. To know the city and rent a house etc. I have bought my plane ticket for the 30th of June. When I shared it with my student agency (explaining why I bought it on that date), they didn't mention any sort of issues that I could face while entering Canada... As you may guess, I was going to spend 14 days in quarantine so the date I should become completely free would be the 14th of July, so I don't think I was going there that early (almost 7 weeks before my classes begin)... However, the flight wasn't direct and the direction was Ankara>Istanbul>Toronto. I did come to Istanbul without any problem, and the boarding started at 2 o'clock... It was a very busy line and it took 40 minutes for my turn to come, I'm a very cautious person so I have prepared all the documents beforehand. The plane security didn't let me in as the only excuse that they told me was "You were going too early." and I can't describe how shocked I am at that moment... He said, "Even If I let you in, the CBSA officer will send you back"... I felt so desperate because I don't know anyone in the city, they later take me to get both of the luggage (weight 50 LBS both) and each of them was destroyed... It was almost impossible to make them move, and I did more than 15,000 steps with those wrecked things... I did wait 10 hours in that airport just to return home, and that day just damaged me both financially and mentally... You wouldn't believe me if I share the amount with you, but I don't mind it... The mental part was much harder... My question is; Do you think that I should deserve all of this? The student VISA was given to me in April!!! So what would be their excuse to reject me? Please just share your ideas with me, I'm still feeling so angry... You could see the situation of suitcases here (The airway company: Turkish Airlines);

For the broken luggage, you should file a report with the airline.

Agreed you unfortunately traveled too early.

Reactions: Naturgrl

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
so many scary stories like this, has anyone travelled successfully lately? how early did they go ? Also planning to travel bu turkish from Pakistan

Reactions: RumezaJ

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021

File a claim against the airline for damaging the bag because they m

File a baggage complaint. Remember it has to be about the damage to your bags, not the boarding they denied you. https://www4.thy.com/baggage/?lang=en

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/any-questions/customer-relations/feedback/

aliserdem

Jul 6, 2021
For the broken luggage, you should file a report with the airline.

Agreed you unfortunately traveled too early.
Yeah, I've done it last week and asked them to send me two new luggage instead of money, but the response was "We are out of stock right now" and they redirected my case to their compensation unit which resulted as "We can't pay it back as you didn't file a report" as you may expect... The section which I could report a file were inside of the Arrival part and as I wasn't allowed to the plane, they gave my luggage outside of it. I was desperately searched for a solution, and most of my 15,000 steps were done by doing it and couldn't find a way as everybody gave wrong answers to me... One said "You must go X section" and the other one in X section told me "You need to go C" and so on... That's why these wrecked suitcases made me so tired and I was just expecting two new ones, but yeah... I've paid 7 times more for two new ones because of the inflation here...

james123456

May 20, 2021
Canada now require students to come only within 30 days of start date of the academic program, though no official announcement was made regarding to it

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I've done it last week and asked them to send me two new luggage instead of money, but the response was "We are out of stock right now" and they redirected my case to their compensation unit which resulted as "We can't pay it back as you didn't file a report" as you may expect... The section which I could report a file were inside of the Arrival part and as I wasn't allowed to the plane, they gave my luggage outside of it. I was desperately searched for a solution, and most of my 15,000 steps were done by doing it and couldn't find a way as everybody gave wrong answers to me... One said "You must go X section" and the other one in X section told me "You need to go C" and so on... That's why these wrecked suitcases made me so tired and I was just expecting two new ones, but yeah... I've paid 7 times more for two new ones because of the inflation here...
After you were denied boarding, did you go to the arrival part to get your damaged luggage but did not report the incident at the time? Sounds like travel insurance really paid off in this kind of situation.

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I don't know what is the hurry to reach canada. I know that you want to know the city but it is not an excuse to travel early and what kind of students support is this? My university literally told me to travel after 30th July as my classes are starting from 7th September even though i have completed my two semesters in India. If you don't have any course in summer term then don't take the risk of travelling early as you can be deported from the airport itself.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
To be fair, you brought this upon yourself. They clearly mention you can only travel one month prior to your class so you went too early.

Sblue

May 19, 2021
Oh so sorry to hear about your traumatic experience.

You can complain to TK for the damages but I know that's not enough with the mental stress you must have gone through. I've read many students were sent back from Canada itself as they were too early. Despite the 14 days of being locked up, no one should risk and go before the start of the 4 weeks to classes.

Reactions: aliserdem

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
Tell them that you couldn't file the report because they didn't allow you to get to the arrival. Tell them you are going to report them to the whole world so the world knows how they can treat passengers.