+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I was refused a study permit thrice

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I'm wondering why I was rejected the third time for the same reasons if I had already passed that the second time
Because a different person probably looked at your application and didn't share that belief OR you changed your application to address the other concerns but neglected to addresses the ones you thought you already solved.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for the response and such vital information.
It's actually horrid to think of it in a way that they do not have measures in place to categorise applicants who are worthy enough and who actually make the cut and who don't.
Such is where the genuine students get lost amidst this uncertainty.
Considering my situation, I feel this third attempt would be my last resort. But then again I read post stating that after 3 attempts too people have got their visas. On seeing this it throws me off guard. So I'm stuck in this dilemma.
My personal advice (if you care) is this.
  • Apply the 3rd time but truly give it your best shot. Like, literally attach all your history, documents, everything. Give them no reason to doubt your case. Have a job offer lined up if possible - you need to go that extra step if you really want it.
  • If you do get rejected again, it is not the end of the world. Explore other options/countries.
  • You can apply again. Statistics and data are not going to be with you but some people have done it... it could be you.
Good luck.

Reactions: k.h.p.

willnw

Jan 27, 2020
Because a different person probably looked at your application and didn't share that belief OR you changed your application to address the other concerns but neglected to addresses the ones you thought you already solved.
They were raised the first time and I addressed them hence I so no need to address them the second time

willnw

Jan 27, 2020
What are SAP and HSE certifications? Are they related to mechanical engineering and mechatronics?

Desire for employment in Canada is not a valid reason to study in Canada and will have you refused always. If you wrote you want to study in Canada because Canada has abundant employment, of course you're going to be refused.

You must prove you have opportunities for employment in Nigeria.

Unfortunately, because Nigeria is the source of so many asylum claims and abuses of visas, your application will be heavily scrutinized. At this point, you really need GCMS notes as you are likely always going to be refused unless you learn more the specific reasons for refusal and address them.
What website do you suggest for getting gcms notes
Is applygcms a good choice

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
They were raised the first time and I addressed them hence I so no need to address them the second time
Incorrect.

And you're assuming they were addressed. Did a visa officer tell you "Oh, thanks - those are addressed, don't worry about them now"?

You should address all reasons for refusal with every application.

willnw

Jan 27, 2020
Incorrect.

And you're assuming they were addressed. Did a visa officer tell you "Oh, thanks - those are addressed, don't worry about them now"?

You should address all reasons for refusal with every application.
So for my next application do i address just the two stated reasons on my recent rejection

roeldsouza

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
My personal advice (if you care) is this.
  • Apply the 3rd time but truly give it your best shot. Like, literally attach all your history, documents, everything. Give them no reason to doubt your case. Have a job offer lined up if possible - you need to go that extra step if you really want it.
  • If you do get rejected again, it is not the end of the world. Explore other options/countries.
  • You can apply again. Statistics and data are not going to be with you but some people have done it... it could be you.
Good luck.
Hey just got my approval today
Thanks alot for all the help and motivation.
Cheers

noe

Nov 8, 2016
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? That will give you more information. The refusal reasons listed in the letter are generic and the officer may have had more substantial reasons not in the letter.

I would suggest getting the notes before you reapply as you are looking very desperate to come to Canada.
Hi, thanks for this info ... I also do need to reapply , but your advise is wise, so how do I request for the GCMS notes ?