+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I was refused a study permit thrice

willnw

Jan 27, 2020
i applied for a study permit from august 2019 to january 2020 three times
the first time i was refused on ties to your home country, purpose of visit, employment situation. I reapplied with sufficent reasons and this time i was then refused based on financial reasons ( a trust fund was created for me and i submitted that as my evidence). I reapplied again for the third time with my parents bank statements added to the trust fund and then i was shocked to find out i was refused for ties to your home country and employment situaution, where i had already cleared those reasons before.
I am wondering why they brought it up again
do i reapply

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? That will give you more information. The refusal reasons listed in the letter are generic and the officer may have had more substantial reasons not in the letter.

I would suggest getting the notes before you reapply as you are looking very desperate to come to Canada.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
i got admitted into a very good school so i dont want to lose the chance
If you apply again without knowing more about the refusal reasons, you will be refused again and you will lose the chance.

Applying and being rejected three times shows that you are desperate to be in Canada.

Provide more information about your profile (what you have studied before, what you are proposing to study, your finances, your country, your qualifications, grades, what reasons you gave in your SOP why you had to study in Canada and why you would return home) and we may be able to get at some better advice.

willnw

Jan 27, 2020
If you apply again without knowing more about the refusal reasons, you will be refused again and you will lose the chance.

Applying and being rejected three times shows that you are desperate to be in Canada.

Provide more information about your profile (what you have studied before, what you are proposing to study, your finances, your country, your qualifications, grades, what reasons you gave in your SOP why you had to study in Canada and why you would return home) and we may be able to get at some better advice.
I studied mechanical engineering, I applied for masters in mechanical and mechatronics, I submitted evidence fo 200k Canadian dollars the second time , I'm from Nigeria, SAP and HSE certifications, came out with a first class 2018, wanted to study because of the world class universities and equipments abundant employment for someone in my country who gets a foregoing reputable degree. That's a brief summary and I've got travel history to the USA although I was denied my third Visa

willnw

Jan 27, 2020
*my third visitor
I studied mechanical engineering, I applied for masters in mechanical and mechatronics, I submitted evidence fo 200k Canadian dollars the second time , I'm from Nigeria, SAP and HSE certifications, came out with a first class 2018, wanted to study because of the world class universities and equipments abundant employment for someone in my country who gets a foregoing reputable degree. That's a brief summary and I've got travel history to the USA although I was denied my third Visa
*my third visitor visa to the USA
The reasons for coming to Nigeria is the abundant employment

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What are SAP and HSE certifications? Are they related to mechanical engineering and mechatronics?

Desire for employment in Canada is not a valid reason to study in Canada and will have you refused always. If you wrote you want to study in Canada because Canada has abundant employment, of course you're going to be refused.

You must prove you have opportunities for employment in Nigeria.

Unfortunately, because Nigeria is the source of so many asylum claims and abuses of visas, your application will be heavily scrutinized. At this point, you really need GCMS notes as you are likely always going to be refused unless you learn more the specific reasons for refusal and address them.

roeldsouza

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
After 3 times your chances are slim. You can try again but you better have a solid application. 1 mistake and youre done
Quick question
What happens post 3 student permit refusals?
Does the candidate face slim chances at a tourist permit too later on after a considerable gap post the student permit refusal ?
As i have been rejected twice now, put my papers in for the third attempt now and awaiting a revert.
Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Quick question
Does the candidate face slim chances at a tourist permit too later on after a considerable gap post the student permit refusal ?
As i have been rejected twice now, put my papers in for the third attempt now and awaiting a revert.
Thanks
You'll face increased scrutiny for any temporary visa (reduced chances) after any refusal.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Quick question
Thanks
From a statistical standpoint, past data suggests that your chances get exponentially lowered each time you re-applying
After 1st rejection, 60% inc. in probability of not getting visa
After 2nd another 25% and so on and so on

From a human perspective, when you get a person's history that shows multiple rejections by a variety of officers, even before you look at the application, you (as the candidate) are fighting an uphill battle.

I've noticed some people treated this like a lottery. They think by choosing the right numbers, or mixing it up in their next application, they'll be granted the permit. I don't see that logic and don't think it works that way..

Reactions: k.h.p.

willnw

Jan 27, 2020
From a statistical standpoint, past data suggests that your chances get exponentially lowered each time you re-applying

From a human perspective, when you get a person's history that shows multiple rejections by a variety of officers, even before you look at the application, you (as the candidate) are fighting an uphill battle.

I've noticed some people treated this like a lottery. They think by choosing the right numbers, or mixing it up in their next application, they'll be granted the permit. I don't see that logic and don't think it works that way..
I'm wondering why I was rejected the third time for the same reasons if I had already passed that the second time

roeldsouza

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019

Thanks for the response and such vital information.
It's actually horrid to think of it in a way that they do not have measures in place to categorise applicants who are worthy enough and who actually make the cut and who don't.
Such is where the genuine students get lost amidst this uncertainty.
Considering my situation, I feel this third attempt would be my last resort. But then again I read post stating that after 3 attempts too people have got their visas. On seeing this it throws me off guard. So I'm stuck in this dilemma.

Reactions: noe