+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I was asked to submit financial proof, though I has already uploaded it. What could be the reason?

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hello all,

I had submitted *Online application* back in June 24, 2020. I had attached financial proof in the "Letter of explanation" itself. This included bank statements and GIC.

However, I got an email today asking me to submit financial proof. What could be the reason? They did not say the funds are not enough or anything like that. This is the msg:

> Funds to Support Studies, proof: Please provide evidence that you have or will have sufficient funds to support the duration of your studies in Canada. Financial documents may include but are not limited to any or a combination of the following: financial document: bank statement(s), ITR(s) for parent(s), income from family accompanied by a letter of financial support, etc. This must be received at this office by: 2020/11/16

Is it that I had submitted proof back in June and now its August? Do I need to take fresh documents from bank? Let me know if you faced such.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hello all,

I had submitted *Online application* back in June 24, 2020. I had attached financial proof in the "Letter of explanation" itself. This included bank statements and GIC.

However, I got an email today asking me to submit financial proof. What could be the reason? They did not say the funds are not enough or anything like that. This is the msg:

> Funds to Support Studies, proof: Please provide evidence that you have or will have sufficient funds to support the duration of your studies in Canada. Financial documents may include but are not limited to any or a combination of the following: financial document: bank statement(s), ITR(s) for parent(s), income from family accompanied by a letter of financial support, etc. This must be received at this office by: 2020/11/16

Is it that I had submitted proof back in June and now its August? Do I need to take fresh documents from bank? Let me know if you faced such.
Correction:- I had uploaded proof in "Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)" document.
What type of financial documents did you upload at that time? Any chance that the scanned copies were not readable or something..? You can use most of the document initially submitted, but get latest bank statements, this way they can check that the balance between new and old hasn't changed much (unless you've withdrawn money from account).

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
What type of financial documents did you upload at that time? Any chance that the scanned copies were not readable or something..? You can use most of the document initially submitted, but get latest bank statements, this way they can check that the balance between new and old hasn't changed much (unless you've withdrawn money from account).
I submitted the following:

1. Savings from my own account.
2. GIC of 10000CAD transferred to CIBC, Canada.
3. 3 fixed deposits.

I rechecked the document I uploaded. All pages are readable.

Aman_S

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
I submitted the following:

1. Savings from my own account.
2. GIC of 10000CAD transferred to CIBC, Canada.
3. 3 fixed deposits.

I rechecked the document I uploaded. All pages are readable.
Did you also pay your college fees?

Aman_S

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
No I didn't
I would advice you to pay at least for 1 semester or more if you want to. As they might think by the amount of funds you are showing i.e you are not a genuine student.
I know its non - SDS but there is no harm in paying upfront tuition fees.

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
I would advice you to pay at least for 1 semester or more if you want to. As they might think by the amount of funds you are showing i.e you are not a genuine student.
Oh is it coz the amount is large? I got into University of Montreal. Not any small college or University. :(

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Is there any specific format in which proof of funds need to submitted? I just put all documents one after other in a pdf. The first page explains each document in detail.