+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I was asked to do Fingerprint!!! Citizenship application.

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
I applied for Canadian citizenship in December 2016. CIC asked for Fingerprint in February 2017. Does that mean the application is going to take longer? When is it expected they call me for Citizenship test? I sent the application to Nova Scotia office, now the office which takes care of the application is St. Clair.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
We had the exact same situation happen. It does increase the time of the application, but there is no rule by how much. We applied in December, did test in February, were asked for fingerprints for my wife in February, and we've been waiting for DM since then.

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
We had the exact same situation happen. It does increase the time of the application, but there is no rule by how much. We applied in December, did test in February, were asked for fingerprints for my wife in February, and we've been waiting for DM since then.
You should have received the result within ten days. They sent me the result of fingerprint one week after I had done the fingerprint. When I received the result, I sent it St.Clair office.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
You should have received the result within ten days. They sent me the result of fingerprint one week after I had done the fingerprint. When I received the result, I sent it St.Clair office.
It was sent to CIC 3 days after it was done. Commissionaires took the prints, sent to RCMP, and RCMP sent directly to CIC.

Mar 12, 2018
Hi,
I passed the exam and then they told me there is a fingerprints request on my file.
May I know what did happen next for you? When did u receive final results? When did they give you ok?

Mar 12, 2018
I passed citizenship exam n officer told me there is a fingerprints request on my file.
I received tge letter to do it today and I'm going to give my fingerprints tomorrow.
I like to know what did happen to your files?

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I passed citizenship exam n officer told me there is a fingerprints request on my file.
I received tge letter to do it today and I'm going to give my fingerprints tomorrow.
I like to know what did happen to your files?
Do not worry. This is quite common. If they have somebody in their system with a criminal record who has the same name as you, they call you in for fingerprints. They need to make sure it is not you who has the record. Once they receive them it should not slow down your progress by much.
- if at all.