+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to visit my fiance in toronto, help!

Cupkeyk

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
I'm from the philippines and my fiance is a filipino too but canadian in citizenship.
i want to visit my him for 3 weeks by spring next year, and we were wondering if we should just say bf/gf in our relationship. Or should we just outright say we are engaged? Thinking of less talk less mistake.
And what is the best purpose of entry to choose for us, tourism or visiting friends?

We can provide all the suporting documents needed, it's just that we don't know exactly what to put in our relationship. Cause eventually we will get married and apply for spouse sponsorship in the next 2 years. We will have our church wedding by feb 2017 in the philippines.

Any responses are greatly appreciated :)

boshetunmai

Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31.10.2011 (Sponsor approved)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Above all, be honest in your application. If you are engaged, say so. In your application, focus on providing strong proof of your own ties to your home country. If you convince Canada that you will leave at the end of your stay, your chances of getting a TRV are higher. There is no need to add anything extra that is not asked for in the application. Keep in mind it can be quite difficult to get a tourist visa without enough proof of ties to your home country.

Cupkeyk

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hi, thank you! Yes i think i have complete documents to show proof of ties to my country. Thanks for the advice :)

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
Hi I am also from Philippines. We have same situation.. can you please update menon your application. Thanks.

Cupkeyk

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
charmsel said:
Hi I am also from Philippines. We have same situation.. can you please update menon your application. Thanks.
I just submitted my application online last jan 2. (First time applicant to canada)

These are the documents i submitted:
Certificate of employment indicating approved leaves and says that i am expected to return to work on xxx date , i asked my H.R to include all means to contact them, landline, address, email. (Includes my salary,benefits, tenure,position)
ITR
Bank certificate (was adviced should at least have $150/day depending on the duration of trip) will visiting for 19 days x $150
Bank statement (submitted good for 3 mos) account was opned last 2003
Asset management fund from my bank
3 months credit card statement (available credit limit can accomodate my plane ticket)
Cover letter stating reason for my visit and included day by day itinerary will just visit for 2 1/2 weeks
Screenshot of sample flight itinerary
Informal invitation to me from my boyfriend
Formal invitation from my boyfriend to the embassy indicating that he will let me stay at his place the duration of my trip and cover my transportation around the city, reasons including day by day itinerary. (Not notarized)
His passport
His license
His certificate of employment
His Pay stubs at least 3 months
His 3 months bank statements
Travel history - existing and expired visas (korea), and expired visas in old passport (included my expired US visas beyond 10 years, included 3 arrival stamps in US but beyond 10 years)
Our pictures to prove our relationship ❤

I submitted online because i heard it was faster than paper. Hoping for positive news hopefully this week ;D

Aheri

Dec 28, 2015
Please advise when you get feedback from your online application.

Still wiating for mine..submitted dec 21, 2015 and today is 6 Jan 2016

Cupkeyk

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Aheri said:
Please advise when you get feedback from your online application.

Still wiating for mine..submitted dec 21, 2015 and today is 6 Jan 2016
Hi, from which country did you submit from?

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
Cupkeyk said:
I just submitted my application online last jan 2. (First time applicant to canada)

These are the documents i submitted:
Certificate of employment indicating approved leaves and says that i am expected to return to work on xxx date , i asked my H.R to include all means to contact them, landline, address, email. (Includes my salary,benefits, tenure,position)
ITR
Bank certificate (was adviced should at least have $150/day depending on the duration of trip) will visiting for 19 days x $150
Bank statement (submitted good for 3 mos) account was opned last 2003
Asset management fund from my bank
3 months credit card statement (available credit limit can accomodate my plane ticket)
Cover letter stating reason for my visit and included day by day itinerary will just visit for 2 1/2 weeks
Screenshot of sample flight itinerary
Informal invitation to me from my boyfriend
Formal invitation from my boyfriend to the embassy indicating that he will let me stay at his place the duration of my trip and cover my transportation around the city, reasons including day by day itinerary. (Not notarized)
His passport
His license
His certificate of employment
His Pay stubs at least 3 months
His 3 months bank statements
Travel history - existing and expired visas (korea), and expired visas in old passport (included my expired US visas beyond 10 years, included 3 arrival stamps in US but beyond 10 years)
Our pictures to prove our relationship ❤

I submitted online because i heard it was faster than paper. Hoping for positive news hopefully this week ;D
Thanks for the reply. I am still collecting all the requirements needed. What did you state on your purpose of visit?Can I have your facebook name? Add sana kita to get an update. This january din ako magpapass.thanks

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
I will state the truth in my application. I don't really know what will happen. Because i have read that saying bf/gf is a red flag. I hope that just by saying the truth they will approve visas

Cupkeyk

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Just an update, i got my visa today! Thank God!! We just told the truth that we want to see each other. So that i could also meet his family and go around the city while i am there. Ever since i really wanted to tell the truth but reading from forums has made me nervous saying our status. But yes it's better to tell the truth. They will wonder why you will be visiting someone from the opposite sex.

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
I want to apply for visitor visa for my husband he is in USA on Work permit.

I am on Open work Permit till 2018,

I dint understand about Purpose of Travel , I mean why should we book ticket before getting Visa?

Is the reason to spend time together on Long Weekend is valid ?

Although I work as Legal Assistant to President of law Society and he also has good job in Usa

Thanks in advance.