+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to sponsor my spouse from pakistan?

sarmad411

Oct 17, 2019
i am getting married end of oct 2019. i was married previously in Canada from august 2016 - march 2017 and was then separated due to police being called to my residence after an argument. the cops came and took me in and put me in a jail cell and during this time my ex was giving statements to send me to hell for life the police racked up 10 charges against me of severe kind which are punishable by maximum term of at least 10 years if convicted and my case started march 1 2017 and resulted in a peace bond 1 year later after my ex put in a letter saying a bunch of stuff that resulted in a peace bond. we divorced in march of 2019.

i was also charged and pleaded guilty to a dui in 2007 how does this effect me?

now i am getting married in Pakistan and want to sponsor my wife to be. my immigration consultant gave me bunch of stuff to fill out and i am now stuck on these 2 questions.

1: have you been convicted of any offence?

- i pleaded guilty to a dui in 2007 and have a criminal record but there was no jail time.
- my domestic assault charges ended in a peace bond

2: have you been charged with an offence punishable by max term of at least 10 years?

- the police racked up 10 charges to name a couple was charged with sexual assault for trying to hold on to my wife while an argument happened and tried to calm her down and gave her a kiss on the cheek and that was reported as sexual assault which is even in the paper work given to me in the court documents.
- one more charge was assault causing bodily harm
- property damage under $5000

i really need some professional advice before i ruin a poor girls life and shatter her hopes of ever immigrating to Canada. where do i start and who should i speak to.

if i were to answer these questions what would i say. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks
Sarmad Ch

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did your ex-wife sponsor you to come to Canada? If so, you can’t sponsor anyone for 5 years from when you received PR. Yes your legal issues will cause you issues. Will let others comment. Shouldn’t you have looked into this earlier. Assume it would be hard and expensive to call off a wedding a week or two before.

sarmad411

Oct 17, 2019
Did your ex-wife sponsor you to come to Canada? If so, you can’t sponsor anyone for 5 years from when you received PR. Yes your legal issues will cause you issues. Will let others comment. Shouldn’t you have looked into this earlier. Assume it would be hard and expensive to call off a wedding a week or two before.
my ex did not sponsor me to Canada I immigrated with family in 1992. I asked and had numerous consultations and only reply I would get that you should apply first and go from there they all took money but never got a straight answer. Money is not the issue here but calling off the wedding is a huge embarrassment for both parties.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my ex did not sponsor me to Canada I immigrated with family in 1992. I asked and had numerous consultations and only reply I would get that you should apply first and go from there they all took money but never got a straight answer. Money is not the issue here but calling off the wedding is a huge embarrassment for both parties.
Did you sponsor your previous spouse?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
i am getting married end of oct 2019. i was married previously in Canada from august 2016 - march 2017 and was then separated due to police being called to my residence after an argument. the cops came and took me in and put me in a jail cell and during this time my ex was giving statements to send me to hell for life the police racked up 10 charges against me of severe kind which are punishable by maximum term of at least 10 years if convicted and my case started march 1 2017 and resulted in a peace bond 1 year later after my ex put in a letter saying a bunch of stuff that resulted in a peace bond. we divorced in march of 2019.

i was also charged and pleaded guilty to a dui in 2007 how does this effect me?

now i am getting married in Pakistan and want to sponsor my wife to be. my immigration consultant gave me bunch of stuff to fill out and i am now stuck on these 2 questions.

1: have you been convicted of any offence?

- i pleaded guilty to a dui in 2007 and have a criminal record but there was no jail time.
- my domestic assault charges ended in a peace bond

2: have you been charged with an offence punishable by max term of at least 10 years?

- the police racked up 10 charges to name a couple was charged with sexual assault for trying to hold on to my wife while an argument happened and tried to calm her down and gave her a kiss on the cheek and that was reported as sexual assault which is even in the paper work given to me in the court documents.
- one more charge was assault causing bodily harm
- property damage under $5000

i really need some professional advice before i ruin a poor girls life and shatter her hopes of ever immigrating to Canada. where do i start and who should i speak to.

if i were to answer these questions what would i say. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks
Sarmad Ch
I think you hit the nail on the head, you say you need some professional advice, most people on this forum are not professionals. Maybe with your case the best bet would be to check with a lawyer. Like you said another girls future is also at stake. You can try a lawyer near you or the one that sponsors this forum.
its possible that your convictions could mean you are ineligible to sponsor. Check with an immigration lawyer.