+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to learn something about refugee claiming abroad Canada.

Feb 27, 2020
Hello everyone
I'm Syrian living in Lebanon for 7 years now, last few years my paper is illegal because of the difficulty that Lebanese authority made for Syrians. So I want to ask this (UNHCR is a dead hope for me of course): I have only one good friend in Montreal, she's Canadian, how can she help me with the organization sponsorship thing? I didn't open the subject with her yet but she knows that I'm willing to apply for Canada if I find a way, but before that I want to learn about how can she help me with this? should she go to some organization and ask for sponsoring me... etc, please any information.
Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone
I'm Syrian living in Lebanon for 7 years now, last few years my paper is illegal because of the difficulty that Lebanese authority made for Syrians. So I want to ask this (UNHCR is a dead hope for me of course): I have only one good friend in Montreal, she's Canadian, how can she help me with the organization sponsorship thing? I didn't open the subject with her yet but she knows that I'm willing to apply for Canada if I find a way, but before that I want to learn about how can she help me with this? should she go to some organization and ask for sponsoring me... etc, please any information.
Thanks in advance!
She would either have to find an organization who would be able to raise funds and apply to sponsor you privately and then get a sport since private sponsorships are limited in number. The other option would be to form her on group of 5 if she can find a group of people in a financial position where they have extra savings that can go to support you financially for a year. She would then have to apply for your private sponsorship.

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She would either have to find an organization who would be able to raise funds and apply to sponsor you privately and then get a sport since private sponsorships are limited in number. The other option would be to form her on group of 5 if she can find a group of people in a financial position where they have extra savings that can go to support you financially for a year. She would then have to apply for your private sponsorship.
Group of 5 is only possible if the OP can be recognized by UNHCR.

Feb 27, 2020
Group of 5 is only possible if the OP can be recognized by UNHCR.
I registered at UNHCR more than 5 years ago, and I probably lost the document and never check with them because as I said they were a dead hope for me, I don't know if I check with them they will provide me with a new document or no honestly

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I registered at UNHCR more than 5 years ago, and I probably lost the document and never check with them because as I said they were a dead hope for me, I don't know if I check with them they will provide me with a new document or no honestly
It's important that you be recognized by UNHCR as a refugee and have the paperwork to prove this.

If you cannot get this paperwork, this will decrease your options for coming to Canada.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Another consideration you may wish to explore is immigration through one of the regular orograms available if you qualify. Refugee claims aren’t the only route available for you.

Feb 27, 2020
Another consideration you may wish to explore is immigration through one of the regular orograms available if you qualify. Refugee claims aren’t the only route available for you.
But I'm afraid if I apply for one of those ways and get rejected will affect later on my case if I applied as a refugee.

Feb 27, 2020
If you aren’t recognized by the UNHCR you won’t be getting sponsored anyway.
I'm recognized by the UNHCR I just lost the document and I suppose they can give me another paper if I ask for it. So I'm asking in case I applied for another immigration program and got rejected, will this affect later on my case if I applied as a refugee?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm recognized by the UNHCR I just lost the document and I suppose they can give me another paper if I ask for it. So I'm asking in case I applied for another immigration program and got rejected, will this affect later on my case if I applied as a refugee?
No it won’t affect your application. Getting a private sponsorship isn’t guaranteed and could take years if you find some people willing to financially support your family for a year and agree to help you transition into Canadian society. If you have any other option it will be easier to get to Canada. Will depend on your previous education, work history and language scores.