+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I wan't to immigrate with my family in Canada, Where to apply?

Agim.K

Aug 21, 2012
Hello,
My name is Agim Kadrija, I am a police officer in Kosovo.
I want to apply for a Canadian Immigration Visa from Kosovo. Where to apply?
I want to apply with my family, I with my wife and my three kids (all on school)
Is there anyway to go directly without someone that live in Canada to immigrate to?

Kind Regards,
Agim

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can immigrate without family support but in most cases, you need to get a job offer. You can start reading here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp about different ways to immigrate.

Agim.K

Aug 21, 2012
Leon said:
Yes, you can immigrate without family support but in most cases, you need to get a job offer.
Leon, thanks for the fast reply,
So i want to ask you, is there anyway to go to canada without a job but then when i arrive there to get a job? as my son can get a job too
he is 17 and a web designer

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp is how to apply for a visit visa. With a visit visa, you can go to Canada for up to 6 months, not allowed to work but you can try to look for a job and try to get an employer to help you get a work permit or give you a job offer to apply for your immigration.

It is probably easier to get a job offer in person than trying to find something online but it is also expensive because you have to pay for the trip to Canada, you have to survive in Canada without working while you look for a job and in the end, you may not find anything and have to go back. Even if you do find something, you may have to return and come back once all the paperwork is done because it could take too long for you to stay and wait.

Your son is a minor child so he can not get his own work permit yet and even if he could, he can not help you immigrate. If you got to Canada on a work permit, if you are working in a skilled profession, your wife could get an open work permit and it is possible that your son could get one too based on yours. It depends on what province you end up in. There is one immigration class that does not require a job offer yet and that is Quebec skilled worker. You can look into that, if you have enough points. It helps a lot if you speak French. You can do the self test here: http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
There is no skilled worker category for cops, and what Leon is telling you is pretty hard to do. An employer cant just hire you they have to get an LMO first ie show there are no Canadians who can do the job.

Ill just be honest I dont think you qualify and i highly doubt you would be given a visitor visa, only way is if you have a lot of money to invest, ie $800, 000 cdn.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, being a cop is a skilled profession but I do not think the police hires foreigners on work permits. As for using the police experience to get a job in a similar field, security guards are not skilled but supervisors of security guards are.

It is hard to get a job offer, whether online or in person but some people succeed. However, like I said, the downside of going to Canada on a visit visa (if you get one) is that it is expensive and even if you do get a job offer it takes a long time to get the paperwork done.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Hes a cop in Kosovo there is no category for that. Even if the cops did hire police from abroad I can guarantee you it would not be from Kosovo or any other 3rd world country. Yeah some people
can get an employer to do an Lmo for them, but some ppl also win the lottery. I mean in this economy no employer will go through the trouble unless there is truly something very rare and exceptional plus even if they do getting an Lmo is tough and prob won't happen.

There is nothing skilled about being a supervisor of security guards my buddies son does it at G4S im pretty sure he flunked out of highschool.

My humble opinion is he'd be wasting his time and money.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAL1984 said:
There is nothing skilled about being a supervisor of security guards my buddies son does it at G4S im pretty sure he flunked out of highschool.
A supervisor of security guards is a skilled NOC, 6316, skill level B. If somebody can get an AEO as that, he can apply for a PR under the skilled worker program if he has enough points. If he gets an LMO and a work permit as that, his wife can get an open work permit and after 2 years, they can apply for PR under CEC.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Not gonna happen dude trust me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAL1984 said:
Not gonna happen dude trust me.
Hey, some people win the lottery but nobody ever won unless they played. I have talked to people who worked very hard to apply to secure a job offer and whose immigration worked out. If they'd listened to you, they'd still be sitting around in old country thinking about what if.

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Leon,
That's the spirit! I know someone who came to Canada 13 years ago and was making $8/hour. Now, that person makes around $90,000/year. Faith, hope, hard work and perseverance do pay in the end!

Agim.K

Aug 21, 2012
So if I can say a word too,
I have worked as a construction engineer in germany for 5 years
and i am really experienced in mechanic and electrical repear section
What do you think about my skills?

By the way, I can speak some french as i have worked in a packed delivery firm named "Hermes Versand" as a deliver, i have the B class on my driving license. I have send packs to France too and Italy, So i learned a bit of those languages.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get more points for being an engineer than you do for being a cop but do go to the link I gave you for Quebec, fill in your info and see what it says. I you manage to get a job offer there, you could get more points too but it is possible that you will have enough points there even without a job offer. You would initially have to settle in Quebec if you go through this immigration class but if you do not end up growing roots there, you can move somewhere else later on.

hopetoland

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 2011
Since when does the police hire non citizen?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hopetoland said:
Since when does the police hire non citizen?
It's the RCMP and the military that has the citizenship only restriction. Most (perhaps all?) police forces accept PRs with the right qualifications.