+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to immigrate me and my family to Canada I'm 17 years

Dec 10, 2018
Tunisia
I wonder how is it done
I'm mean is the visa given for free?
I'm 17 years old girl and I've got high grades at my school want to pursue my studies there
My dad is a nurse and he's 58 years old
My mom is 54 and she's a police officer
And I have two brothers
We're Tunisian
It's just our dream to come here
Someone pls answer me and explain me ❤

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I wonder how is it done
I'm mean is the visa given for free?
I'm 17 years old girl and I've got high grades at my school want to pursue my studies there
My dad is a nurse and he's 58 years old
My mom is 54 and she's a police officer
And I have two brothers
We're Tunisian
It's just our dream to come here
Someone pls answer me and explain me ❤
I suggest that you start here -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your family would not qualify due to age. You may be able to immigrate once you get educated. As previously indicated you should do some research.

Reactions: visatest

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can as an international student. Just be aware that studying in Canada is rather expensive.
Alternatively you can study in Tunisia and then get some work experience and after that you can apply for PR immigration.

Adding the fact, that you most likely speak French as well, you will get a decent chance to immigrate.

Honestly your father and mother might have problem to get enough points unless they will try to go through investor immigration programs (which takes long and might have different hurdles and are of course rather expensive).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I would suggest looking at PNPs for the parents, through specific programs geared for francophones—New Brunswick, Ontario, etc. Or Quebec if possible.

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest looking at PNPs for the parents, through specific programs geared for francophones—New Brunswick, Ontario, etc. Or Quebec if possible.
They will have very slim chances to one of those because of their age. Given their current profession, they might not have enough points to attract any of those provinces.

That is why I have stated investor program (there it is easier to get through even with higher age and lack of university education, but at a cost of large investments.

I would say in this case the best chance is for children to immigrate on their own.

Dec 10, 2018
Tunisia
They will have very slim chances to one of those because of their age. Given their current profession, they might not have enough points to attract any of those provinces.

That is why I have stated investor program (there it is easier to get through even with higher age and lack of university education, but at a cost of large investments.

I would say in this case the best chance is for children to immigrate on their own.
Oww thank u I get it but what about my own immigration because my parent's immigration won't make a difference for them. So I wonder doesn't take only my flight ticket's money what I mean studying there at high school will be for free? It's just my dream to go there and study at high school..??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oww thank u I get it but what about my own immigration because my parent's immigration won't make a difference for them. So I wonder doesn't take only my flight ticket's money what I mean studying there at high school will be for free? It's just my dream to go there and study at high school..??
Unfortunately you are too young to immigrate to Canada. You will need to wait until you have finished college / university and have a few years of work experience before you will be able to qualify to become a permanent resident of Canada.

If you wish to study in Canada now, you would need to obtain a study permit. You will also need to pay tuition since y you are an international student - high school will not be free for you. You can expect to pay around $15,000 per year in tuition. You will also need another $10,000 to cover your living expenses. To be approved for the study permit, you will need to show a bank balance with at least $25,000 in it to show that you can pay for your studies in Canada.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With your age, there is no free education available. (not that there was a free education for a foreign national minor, that is not accompanying his parents or legal guardian to Canada.
You are almost 18 which means end of any free education in Canada also for local. And tuitions for international students are 2x to 3x more expensive.

That is why I was advising you to study in your country and to get some work experience on the top.

Good luck.